Forums
Posted By: MerseyMan Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 5:40am
Hiya
Does anyone know where I can get some top soil for a small area to be grassed? I plan to get some turf at the end of the week so could do with some good enough to put turf on. Depending on the amount I may need transportation help as I don't think the fiesta can take much more in the boot as it doesn't sound too good with loads in the back. As I said I could do with it asap, so if anybody knows or can help out i would be very grateful. smile
Posted By: delta6 Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 7:15am
the skip people next to the tip in birkenhead were advertising free top soil when i drove past at the weekend.

you'll probably get it there.

cant remember the name of the place but the whole place is coloured yellow so you cant miss it.
Posted By: Archaeo Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 8:00am
someone on freecycle wirral was offering this last week mate
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 8:19am
Thanks for your quick replies you two. I live not far from that skip hire and that is the only place I know that do free top soil, but I'm sure I read on here a good while ago that the top soil had plenty of brick/glass in it. Then again beggers can't be choosers. I will also have a quick look on freecycle too Thanks.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 9:13am
major skip hire, £40 per ton for best quality, delivered.£30 per ton for worst quality. daughter just bought £40 stuff, excellent . hope this helps.
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 9:17am
ps. merseyman, a ton doesnt go very far once youve raked it in.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 18th Apr 2011 10:16am
Cheers mate, the area I need the top soil for is about 13' by about 13', I have a pretty solid level of soil now so wouldn't need much on top, just to fill in dips cover the above area. The 1 ton should do, will give them a ring and see.
Thanks
Posted By: 54321 Re: Wanted! top soil asap - 5th May 2011 8:10pm
hio are you still after any top soil i have a ton sack full and got more to dig up it just needs to be bagged up and abit of raking through ive gone through alot of it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral