Forums
Posted By: lansyp wanted advent laptop - 8th Mar 2011 7:58pm
hi all,was just wondering if anybody has an advent 7104 laptop going for spares .i really only need a screen but dont mind taking the whole thing just tell me your price cheers oh yes and i would also swap a dell d400 for it which works great thanks for looking .
Posted By: ManxCat Re: wanted advent laptop - 8th Mar 2011 10:00pm
I has a Advent 7008 Silver laptop
Posted By: lansyp Re: wanted advent laptop - 8th Mar 2011 11:02pm
wrong size screen but thanks anyway
Posted By: ManxCat Re: wanted advent laptop - 9th Mar 2011 10:23am
No worries mate.

The Dr may know were to source one from smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: wanted advent laptop - 9th Mar 2011 10:39am
New screens are about £70 (inc) and upwards of course. Second hand often fetch more than £50.

Occasionally can get a broken laptop with a good screen for less on fleabay. Never understood the logic of this, you'd expect the price to be a minimum of the screen value???

TheDr may know a cheaper source.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wanted advent laptop - 9th Mar 2011 2:14pm
The screens for that model seem to be going around the £80 mark - which is quite normal as its a 17"er lol. However if you remove the sreen itself, you can quite often find that by searching for the part number and its varients, you can find cheaper prices.

Im replacing one this week, the price on a search for the laptop model was around £77ish new, searching for the part number comes in around 65ish new, and £40ish refurbished (or even £20 if the customer didnt mind a line down the side of the screen lol).

As DD says, you can quite often find a laptop for spares/repair is cheaper than a screen on its own, especially if its on a no-reserve auction.

Also, the chassis itself, and therefore usually the screen (or a compatible/varient) will quite often be the same across a range of models - so searching for other models with the same chassis/screen for spares or repairs is also an option.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: wanted advent laptop - 9th Mar 2011 3:17pm
Advent 7104 is a 15", got me worried there wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wanted advent laptop - 9th Mar 2011 3:28pm
bah for some reason id typed in Acer haha! Strange, especially given my main laptop (and the one im using now) is an Advent haha!

But yeah, Advents tend to be generic chassis made by the likes of ECS and MSI, but with the Advent logo plonked on em, so even more likelyhood of finding a cheapo screen. Unless its an obscure size like mine at 12" lol. I now await that to be used in the "quote a post" thread rofl!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral