Forums
Posted By: johnm Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 4:28pm
My hobby is making models & I could do with somewhere to work from. Just need a garage or small lockup.I live in West Kirby but dont mind where its located as long as its safe secure has power lighting & water.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 8:26pm
you'll be lucky to get something for £20 a week with power and lighting bud.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 9:05pm
where does it say £20 pw? confused
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 9:39pm
prob best getting council lockup and putting a nice big genny there!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 9:53pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil

It doesnt, just giving him a clue of what to expect to pay.

where does it say to read others members posts, hope to find a mistake, Avoid the topic and post the observation?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 11:31pm
Always worth looking around small shops that look like they have rooms unused and making an offer.
Posted By: johnm Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 11:42pm
Hi all & thanks for all your replies, really helpful.
Genny sounds like a good choice. I make models of local churches historic buildings etc so need power & water. Not that im going to mix the 2 together as everyone would know exactly where im located by following the plume of smoke or the fire engine lol. Thanks for all your comments anyway & if you hear or think of other places then please get in touch.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 8th Feb 2011 11:48pm
Fantastic hobby, any chance of putting some pictures up for us?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 12:39am
Yer pics are most welcome, Perhaps a council lock up and trickle charge a car battery the night before you go down.....As for water bring 5 litres everytime you go. I have one in prenton that im thinking of subbing out for a good few year due to change in cercumstance. I've just spent a fortune painting the floor, walls and ceiling with the proper stuff too. Let me know if your interested.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 12:42am
you wont get a council garage if you let them know what you want it for, they are tightening up on them now and ask for reg number of the car you want to keep in it!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 12:44am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
you wont get a council garage if you let them know what you want it for, they are tightening up on them now and ask for reg number of the car you want to keep in it!!

Long standing owners can sub rent them on the sly though...hardly the biggest crime is it smile
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 8:48am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

where does it say to read others members posts, hope to find a mistake, Avoid the topic and post the observation?

Alright no need to get shirty just thought I'd missed something!

One's in Hoylake with no elec/water £15 pw so I agree with you - upwards of £20 pw
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 10:07am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Alright no need to get shirty just thought I'd missed something!

One's in Hoylake with no elec/water £15 pw so I agree with you - upwards of £20 pw

smile sorry man, my typing finger got the better of me!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 9th Feb 2011 10:12am
ok.. I was trying to be funny or anything! smile

Hope you find something John! and look forward to seeing photos of your work!
Posted By: johnm Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 16th Feb 2011 12:18am
Hi all, just to say that I have finally uploaded an image of St. Peter's church in Heswall for you to see. Hope you like it & if you think of somewhere else that would be good to make/see be grateful if you could let me know. Thanks for looking, the picture is in the Wirral gallery section
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 16th Feb 2011 12:44am
Are you interested in doing models of buildings that no longer exist if we can get enough pictures/photo's possibly even plans?

How long does it take - St Peters would have been a lifetimes work for me.
Posted By: johnm Re: Looking to rent a lockup - 16th Feb 2011 9:30am
Hi yes Im always looking for something different. To make something from drawings old pictures would be an interesting challenge & look forward to hearing more about it, when you get the chance. Cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral