Forums
Posted By: dodie wanted sat nav to buy - 25th Jan 2011 9:58pm
cash waiting had mine stolen 2day
Posted By: TheDr Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 26th Jan 2011 1:13am
We had one in every vehicle, we all use iPhone apps now (stops them being left in vehicles.....)

Any particular type you are after ?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 26th Jan 2011 1:24pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
We had one in every vehicle, we all use iPhone apps now (stops them being left ?

Sorry to interrupt Dr, how is the tom-tom app on the iPhone?

If it's any good I will get that and sell my tom-tom one smile
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 26th Jan 2011 1:26pm
Ste i found it quite sloppy and slow to respond. often causing me to make wrong turns etc.

Dunno if it would be any better on iphone4
Posted By: TheDr Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 26th Jan 2011 2:19pm
I found the Tom Tom app on the 3G to be a bit slow, on the 3GS to be a huge improvement and the 4 to be excellent.

The only problem I ever have is when driving down roads with lots of tree cover, as it tends to lose the signal a bit and make a best guess.

Tom Tom do make an official cradle for the iPhone which imroves the GPS receiver hugely, but it is quite expensive.

I quite like the NDrive app for the iPhone, and find it works really well for such a cheapie, if you want to just test Sat Nav on the iPhone then NavFree is a nice freebie to use.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 26th Jan 2011 3:36pm
Thanks kev & Dr for your replys.
Think I shall look into the apps.
(less wires in my car) happy
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 28th Jan 2011 12:49pm
i have a tomtom 910 ,this has european maps as well as uk and also has usa maps included ,all on a 20 gig hard drive which can be used as jukebox in the car .charger , mount , all leads included and its boxed ,this was the top of the range 18 months ago .yours for £75 if you want it .
Posted By: dodie Re: wanted sat nav to buy - 28th Jan 2011 9:03pm
hi thanks for message bought 1 yesterday sorry
© Wirral-Wikiwirral