Forums
Posted By: mike1965 old broken unloved bikes wanted!- please help! - 22nd Sep 2010 9:54pm
hi folks, we are still trying to collect old bikes for our project! can you help??? we need as many bikes in any condition to teach people young and old to repair theirs.anything would be welcomed..thank you in advance
looks like your collecting them to sell on not repair dude
if you read our previous ads ..all will become clear or go to bikerecycle.co.uk obviously people will be cynical ......wht a great world we live in. i dont think i will retire just yet!
People would be less cynical if you replied to your PMs mate.
No such site as bikerecycle.co.uk and bikerecycling.co.uk has no mention of a project up here smirk
I think the fact that you just advertised an antique bike for sale is a cause of some of the cynicism too.
Nice work detectives.
I can only speak as I find...........
earlier this year I let Mike1965 have a bike which was VERY well used and my grandson had grown out of. In exchange he serviced a bike I had just bought from someone else on Wiki. He came and collected both bikes and returned mine to me. He struck me as a genuine guy and not someone who would rip anyone off.

(with some of the stuff getting advertised on these boards for sale recently, I would say that Mike1965 was the least of your problems)
Posted By: Wheels Re: old broken unloved bikes wanted!- please help! - 23rd Sep 2010 10:37pm
thats nice, always good to hear a good story about someone for once smile
I have no doubt that he is genuine - but he hasn't replied to my PM and I have heard others say the same, a little bit of PR goes a long way.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: old broken unloved bikes wanted!- please help! - 23rd Sep 2010 10:52pm
Sorry to be pedantic but isn't this the wrong thread?????
This is quite odd but here goes!while working 54hrs a week we have tried to give a bit back to the community.my eldest son is 11yrs old and loves his bikes.we often get roped into fixing his mates bikes (which we odviously do for free!)we seem to have most of ridgeway schools bikes at some point!we only charge for parts if we dont have them.we have tried the scrap yards/scrapmen and the local tip.all we are asking is for some help-we dont want new bikes ,we are happy to take old ones and fix yours too!there is no scam and yes we do sell some to buy tools etc.i dont need to be judged.condemed or critisized for trying to help as we know that riding a bike is healthier for kids than computer games or hanging about on street corners and riding to work is quicker than walking.this will be our last request for help....after this we can relax after a hard day at work..we are new to this so cant always pm people back
© Wirral-Wikiwirral