Forums
Posted By: MrBrightside Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 9:44am
Best Hot sauce in the world?

Piri Piri?!

Chilli !?

Posted By: lansyp Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 10:33am
hot pepper sauce
Posted By: TheDr Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 10:34am
Depends which you want, the type that adds flavour to the food or one that will burn the roof of your mouth off.

My cupboards are full of different hot sauces, just depends what you want to use it with.

If you want something just to make your eyes water try Wasabi, which is Japanese Horse Raddish, does clear the airways and make your eyes water.
Posted By: Handbag Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 10:58am
Have you tried Naga Pickle?

http://www.theasiancookshop.co.uk/naga-pickle--naga-chilli-cooking-paste-extremely-hot-161-p.asp

It depends on what you want it for ... the Naga pickle is fantastic for adding into any curries that you feel need a pickup , its the hotest chilli I have ever tried and can almost give a type of 'high' its so hot. Use with extreme caution!!!!

I also found a Scoville Scale websites which list the temperature of the different Chillis so you can compare heat values http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

I do a lot of Indian Cookery at home and this website has all the different Chillis you can buy and a really good recipe for your own 'hot sauce' try here :
http://www.worldofchillies.com/index.html
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 11:44am
Thanks for responce guys,

Just wanted to get an idea of what people like.
I gotta say i am addicted to making most things spicy and hot!
I must have over 30 bottles of sauce!

Nandos Xtra hot piri piri is nice and hot but a hint of lime and lemon MAKES it.

Choilia is like a mild hot sauce great for mexican food chilli con carne etc.

I did try a sauce in Costco Insanity Sauce christ almighty its hot!! 1 tiny tiny drop sent my mouth and body into an heat sensation

smile

I dont like a Phal curry tho far to "hot" smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 8:28pm
I heard Ronseal paint stripper is pretty good. Quite hot!
Posted By: bobi1 Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 9th Jun 2010 9:23pm
I'm just venturing into hot sauces simply because I wanted an authentic buffalo wing sauce recipe. I tried it with Cholula sauce and butter, as suggested in a lot of online recipes but it was too vinegary so I added a bit of tomato ketchup and double cream and, although not fully authentic for a buffalo wing sauce, it was very nice. I then bought Frank's hot sauce but didn't like it as much so didn't make a buffalo wing sauce as a comparator. Cholula is nice with steaks and also on cheese sandwiches.

Dunno if you have seen this site Johnleatherfix, it gives a brief description of all the hot sauces on the market and their Scoville rating. I think it's an american site so most of the brands will only be available online.
http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale.php
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 10th Jun 2010 12:13am
Daves Insanity Sauce it an extremly hot one, and that does strip stuff off the wall.

They sell it in Asda, they also do a milder one which is still as hot as pepper sauces.
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 10th Jun 2010 7:32am
If you have an electric mixer/whisker then I used to make this:

Dried crushed chilli's (half a bag)
tabasco sauce
sweet chilli sauce (a bottle)
half an onion
bit of cucumber (about a quarter)
tin of tomatoes

Whisk it up and your not laughing your burning.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 10th Jun 2010 10:29am
SpecialK recommends "Bad Boy", hot, hot, hot.
Me and him had a chilli each once, in Turkish Cyprus, which made our throats go into involuntary constrictions. Tried to grow them from seed but couldn't get them to germinate.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 10th Jun 2010 10:58am
My mate grows them and he kept bringing them out on nights out for us to sample. Four hours of tongue under the tap and sadness followed.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 10th Jun 2010 1:09pm
The second hottest chilli pepper in the world is grown in Devon UK.
Posted By: markeee Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 11th Jun 2010 4:24pm
Nandos famous hot blend of sun-ripened lemons, garlic and peri-peri. perfect for marinading stuff for bbq or adding to pasta or rice
Valid until: 22/06/2010

£1 in tesco
Posted By: hoseman Re: Best Hot Sauce ANY IDEAS!!!!!!?? - 11th Jun 2010 5:30pm
Theres an American sauce called "CRYPYONITE"... DO NOT try it!!! All i can say about this!! lamethrower
© Wirral-Wikiwirral