Forums
Posted By: phalinmegob ntl / virgin remote control - 5th May 2010 6:35pm
any one got one of these going spare,it is the blue stupid shaped one that keeps getting dropped on the floor and is now in pieces after being glued a few times.lol think it ntl:home not the virgin plus remote
Posted By: Snodvan Re: ntl / virgin remote control - 5th May 2010 7:26pm
Just ring 'em up and tell them it is broken eg buttons stick. I did that for mum and they sent a replacement return of post. No charge.

Snod
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: ntl / virgin remote control - 5th May 2010 9:42pm
i tried that a while back and they wanted to charge me £25 plus send the broken one back to them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: ntl / virgin remote control - 6th May 2010 12:41pm
Phone them and say you want to cancel as you've reported your "faulty" remote and after x years of being a loyal customer they want to charge you for it.

They have a department called retentions and they will basically do all they can to keep hold of you within a set of limits they have, replacing a "faulty" remote is well within that.

You have to have been a customer for at least 12m before you do this otherwise you are still contracted to them.
Posted By: daveybm Re: ntl / virgin remote control - 10th May 2010 10:14am
If you're still looking for one there is loads on ebay new and used for £3 to £5 just search for "Virgin media remote control" but you should get one free from Virgin.

Dave
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: ntl / virgin remote control - 11th May 2010 12:14pm
i have one for you here , send me a pm with your details and ill drop one in for you . cheers
its the blue type
© Wirral-Wikiwirral