Forums
Posted By: Angel_x My yard cleared of rubbish. - 12th Apr 2010 9:49pm
My back yard has rubbish that I need clearing with the summer on it way. I don't drive so have not be able to take stuff to the tip, but it's high time I did something about it as I have 4 rugrats who want the yard sorted so they can play out in it (it's not as bad as it sound lol),so anyone who is reasonable price! I need someone with a van to clear my yard would be a huge help. thank you smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:16am
Try Wheels!
Posted By: Wheels Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:28am
The only way I can do it at the moment is to hire a van (£45) frown sorry.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 5:12pm
I know of a man with a van who might be able to do it, i'll email him and let you know.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 5:48pm
You will need a permit if you take a van to the tip.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 8:16pm
Thanks all I'm in wallasey any help would be great, why do you need a permit with a van?
Posted By: jimbob Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 8:48pm
coucil realized to many contractors where using the tip for free, when the free tipping is only for the general public and not trade people. So the permit system has been set up {you have to pay for the permit} there is also now a restriction on anybody who uses a trailor, they do at times log your registration and if your found to be going more than once a month with the trailer you are turned away. How stric they are on the trailor issue i do not know.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:22pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
coucil realized to many contractors where using the tip for free, when the free tipping is only for the general public and not trade people. So the permit system has been set up {you have to pay for the permit} there is also now a restriction on anybody who uses a trailor, they do at times log your registration and if your found to be going more than once a month with the trailer you are turned away. How stric they are on the trailor issue i do not know.

How do you go about getting one, so I know for the person/s who need it thanks for the info guys
Posted By: MattLFC Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:26pm
Sometimes its just easier with an estate than a trailer, they don't keep an eye on them. Its hassle to get a permit when you can fit a lot of junk into an estate (even a tiny 206 estate is surprisingly spacious from recent experience).
Posted By: kimpri Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:32pm
Originally Posted by Angel_x
Thanks all I'm in wallasey any help would be great, why do you need a permit with a van?
You dont need a permit if its a hired van (OR ME) grin
Posted By: Angel_x Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 9:39pm
I think the best bet is coming to view my yard and giving me a price on it as I need it doing and the cheapest way possible smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 13th Apr 2010 10:49pm
Ok, to clear this up (pun intended), from the site ...

If you’re planning to use a van or large trailer to access Wirral’s Household Waste Recycling Centres then you will need to apply for a Permit. The vehicles are:

• A van
• An estate/hatchback/4x4/car with rear seats removed and/or permanently blanked out side/rear windows
• Any ‘flatback’ or pick-up vehicle
• A trailer between 2 and 3 metres long

You do not need a Permit if you are using a car or a car with a trailer that is less than 2 metres long (external box measurement only, does not include lenght of the tow bar).

CLICKY

The permits are FREE!
Aside from that Angel, if there is nothing too big or too messy, I would help you out for petrol money only, using my car for as many trips as necessary.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My yard cleared of rubbish. - 14th Apr 2010 12:09am
Me too, I've a large estate, anything to help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral