Forums
Posted By: Danny888 WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 12:42pm
I have 2 xboxs I need repairing.

I would like to go to a shop rather than let individuals fix them.

Where would you recommend?

Errors are RROD on a Premium and E74 on an Elite
Posted By: Anonymous Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 1:12pm
a few topics that are on hear. happy

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...9/3_lights_of_death_help.html#Post282289

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...box_3_Red_rings_of_death.html#Post370093

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/367635/xbox_360_errors.html#Post367635

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/294163/xbox_360.html#Post294163

smile
Posted By: Danny888 Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 1:18pm
Top man

Jase is this something you can do?
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 1:40pm
danny mate the E74 is easily fixed by opening ur xbox up and swapping the x clamp at the back of the heat sink for some bolt and washers. i used roofing bolts and hacksawed them down to 10 ml lengh. they r the only bolts u can really get hold of locally to do this. but it will void ur warranty if u still have it in warranty. which i take it u dont or u would send it off.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 2:09pm
Where did you get your thermopaste and nuts/bolts from?
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 2:29pm
any reputable pc repair shop should have thermal heatsink paste in stock if they build pc for sale and roofing bolts are available from almost any diy or builders merchant,but at this time on a sturday you are probably left with pc world and b&q or wickes lol
Posted By: Danny888 Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 2:47pm
Know of any PC stores other than 'the big'uns'?
Posted By: Danny888 Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 2:47pm
Also where could I get a T8 torx?
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 3:04pm
i used to use copyrite in liiscard but he has not been open the last few weeks so dont know if he has closed down.there is a little computer shop called then den just by victoria hospital,he was reasonable last time i went there,also bugbyte computers by lidl in old chester road tranmere.try screwfix on new chester road for your torx bit.
Posted By: scoops Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 3:38pm
I think you mean BiggaBytes by Lidl wink There's also @64 on New Chester road near the John Masefield pub in New Ferry.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 5:42pm
Originally Posted by scoops
I think you mean BiggaBytes by Lidl wink There's also @64 on New Chester road near the John Masefield pub in New Ferry.

the phone side of that company are sh*te!! ive took several phones there and they've come back worse than before & even other members of my family
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 6:36pm
i wont use the shop any more personally.
Posted By: scoops Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 8:32pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
Originally Posted by scoops

the phone side of that company are sh*te!! ive took several phones there and they've come back worse than before & even other members of my family

What? someone was actually willing to look at a phone there?
Everytime someone I know has been there it's always been a case of "sorry the guy who does phones isn't here, come back later" And when he finally does show up he doesn't do that model (no matter what phone it is).
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 13th Feb 2010 8:35pm
b&q and wickes dont sell the right size washers or bolts u need. they sell evry other size but the size u need. roofing bolts r an exact fit. but they r like 10 times too long so just hacksaw them down to 10mm. nd the heatsink is good from maplin. get a silver based one. works abit better and costs about 7.99. i think the size of the bolts is something 5's can't rememba exactly but roofing bolts r an exact fit dimension wise.
Posted By: markeee Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 17th Feb 2010 4:36pm
i can try sort them out for you, or take them in to gamezone in new ferry opp somerfield but they will charge more ? dont trust copywite or anywere like that as they have a history with trading standards and have re opened in tranmere, b head and liscard a few times.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: WANTED: Xbox repair - 17th Feb 2010 5:46pm
copywrite have always been quite fair with me and i have known and used them for a long time,they were originally in oxton road trading as oxton computers and was ran by two brothers.the good one started copywrite and the other brother who was causing the problems went on to own katech(liscard and birkenhead).copywrite closed in prenton because they had a burgulary and lots of their stock was taken,but unfortunatly i dont know what is going on with the liscard shop.all that said,i dont know wether i would trust them to fix something for me as it is usually the son who does the work and he does not fill me with confidence most of the time,nice guys though lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral