Forums
Posted By: minimad5 Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 1:24am
Hi everyone smile

I'm on the look out for afew items for my fish tank,
I need the basics such as Filter, Water Treatments and possibly a light.

If you have anything you no longer need, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.
Mark
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 11:43am
what type of coldwater fish u going for mate ? should get a heater and go warm water. much better fish.
Posted By: Razzi Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 12:30pm
White cloud mountain minnows make good cold water fish (or even tropical) as theyre small, called the poor mans neons and same size as neons too. Always best in as big a shoal as u can fit in your tank but no less than 5 is good. I agree going tropical sometimes is a lot less hassle than cold.

I advise not to get goldfish theyre very dirty and a lot of work to keep in good condition
Posted By: minimad5 Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 5:21pm
I have had tropical fish in the past, but when we had a tiny earth tremmer afew years ago, it cracked our hexagonal tank, and were moved house so gave away everything.
I would have tropical fish again, but brought the girlfriend 2 gold fish so would have to sell them or get a tank for them too.

Thanks Razzi for the little tip, i actually like the White Cloud Mountain Minnows, but didn't know what they were called.
The tank i have is 2ft x 1ft, and will hopefully have a maximum of 3 gold fish.
Does anyone have any pointers or tips of other cold water fish ?
- Hopefully some that like to clean up lol.

Thanks guys.

p.s
I am VERY tempted now to go tropical again.
Posted By: minimad5 Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 7:56pm
Okay guys and gal's

I am now going to have a cold set-up and warm / tropical set-up.

So if anyone has a tank heater they want to sell or pass on, please let me know.
If not a trip to a local pet store is in order.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 8:10pm
if u speak to mattlfc on here he is gunna soon be in the process of making some goldfish into warm water fish. i think if u heat the water slowly day by day for a while they adapt to the warmer temperatures. just get a warm water tank and get a few cory's or bristlenose to do the clean up work.
Posted By: minimad5 Re: Wanted: Fish Tank Items. - 8th Feb 2010 8:12pm
Okay mate thanks smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral