Forums
Posted By: lansyp peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 9:35am
hi i am selling my little peugeot 106 .only selling due to the fact i have just bought a picasso and cant afford both.it is a 51 plate 2002 ,mot till oct 10, 55000 miles and body work is in great condition in a nice blue.this car does not have power steering but doesnt really need it it is 1.1 petrol.i have had the car for nearly 2 years and it has never let me down ,it has an issue with a faulty lamda sensor which turns the engine managment light on but have had the problem since i bought the car and it doest affect the car in any way (apart from light on the dash)passed the mot with just a break problem on front which has been sorted this is a good little motor and would be ideal for someone who just wants a small car.these are selling on e bay for up to £3500.00 but i just want to get my picasso on the road so i would be happy to take £1300.00 and will put a years tax on it if i get the asking price though it is taxed till the end of the year i will try and upload some photos but i always struggle to get them on here but if you send me your e mail address i can send you some pics thanks for looking paul
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 10:22am
wrong section wink
but good luck anyway! would be an easy & cheap fix for that its an OBD2 compat car so scannings relativly cheap! and will point out the prob
Posted By: lansyp Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 11:44am
thanks mate dont know how i done that but its typical of me ha ha the problem with the lambda sensor has been diagnosed and mechanic said fix it or leave it would cost the price of the sensor but i am lazy lol cheers mate
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 11:56am
i would sort it, as it could cause it to fail on emmisions as the CAT gets less efficient in age smile plus it most prob will be running rich/lean for whats needed abnd can result in engine damage etc smile
just got to a scrappy and get a second hand one for now! smile
Posted By: lansyp Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 12:12pm
will go to green lane and get one thanks mate
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 12:35pm
wouldnt advise green lane, there not to intrested in car parts maybe one down on clevland street smile

good luck, if you need any help give us a shout wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 1:53pm
Prolly get a brand new 'un for £30...

As already mentioned if it is faulty, the car will run rich, which will ultimately kill the CAT - Id also suggest that if it was the lambda you wouldnt have passed an MOT, as your emissions will be too high - Id suspect something else think
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: peugeot 106 independant for sale - 27th Dec 2009 2:08pm
if you need it scanning give us a PM bud i have the diagnostic tools for that car wink always good for a second opinon smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral