Forums
Posted By: chris_gilly wanted - PCI graphics card - 16th Nov 2009 4:58pm
hi everyone

im after a PCI video card with a monitor out & the yellow video out thingy that connects to TV's that works,

i want to stream video from my PC to a TV in another room, so any advice on how to do this would be great!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: wanted - PCI graphics card - 16th Nov 2009 4:59pm
edit or an s-vid output
Posted By: Anonymous Re: wanted - PCI graphics card - 16th Nov 2009 6:31pm
There is a difference between a "graphics" card and a "video capture" card. To capture or watch from another source ie televsion, vcr then you require a capture card.

I would use a s-video lead (4 pins usually). May also require a s-video adaptor (has a scart connecton that can plug into a vcr or a freeview box.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: wanted - PCI graphics card - 16th Nov 2009 6:51pm
but i have a nvidia geforce2 mx400 with tv out and from what ive read it works on a TV using the tv out?
the only problem is that my decent pc has only PCI inputs, i dont really want to capture just send out.
Posted By: DavidB Re: wanted - PCI graphics card - 17th Nov 2009 12:46am
TV out will work surely? Is it S-Video or Composite? You need to set up your display settings to output to TV as well, it detects when you plug it into your telly. You can get an adapter to fit whatever it is.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: wanted - PCI graphics card - 17th Nov 2009 8:37am
o it works but my pc has no AGP which my nvidia card is. i got an old PC which has AGP out to test it last night & it worked
© Wirral-Wikiwirral