Forums
Posted By: polo_phil Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 8:47am
My house backs onto some grass and a public pathway.
And some gits have decided to nick parts of my back fence.

The majority of my neighbours fences are protected by some sort of pyracantha. However where mine is there's a big gap and someone has decided to rip bits of fence off and in the process trample on a smaller pyracantha that I've recently planted.

The really annoying bit is it appears they haven't even pulled the wood off to use... because it's just been left around the path with big nails sticking out...

Has anyone got any large bush that couldn't as easily be squashed and is no longer wanted? Evergreen and spiky preferably!

Posted By: Tatey Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 9:32am
Have to be a bit careful when you request a large bush on here! Have you thought of an electric fence, preferably 440v.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 9:35am
Is it not possible for you to spread the pyracantha from your neighbours? I got a few pieces from a guy that was cutting his back and they 'take' really easily. Unfortunately mine hasn't grown enough to split again or I'd let you take some.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 9:44am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Is it not possible for you to spread the pyracantha from your neighbours? I got a few pieces from a guy that was cutting his back and they 'take' really easily. Unfortunately mine hasn't grown enough to split again or I'd let you take some.

I've tried that but as stated above it got trampled frown Which is why I need something larger which could at least protect the smaller plant whilst it gets some strength
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 10:41am
Firethorn comes highly recommended round here so if you can get hold of some of that......
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 10:52am
thanks Bandy. Yeah I'm after anythin like that...
maybe a drive into the woods later is in order.......
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 11:02am
Haven't been there for years, Irby Quarry use to be full of Gorse Bush, spiky as hell and a nice yellow flower.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Wanted: Big spiky bushes/plants - 3rd Nov 2009 11:05am
Must admit when I first saw the post was just going to recommend that you just gel it up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral