Forums
Posted By: DavidB Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 22nd Sep 2009 7:24pm
Looking for one of those flywheel locking tools that sits in the starter motor cavity (for removing crank pulley). CBA buying one - they're 35 quid motor factor jobbys if they have one in, but will have to otherwise!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 22nd Sep 2009 7:27pm
what vehicle is it for ??

what rover is it an auto ?

Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 23rd Sep 2009 9:55am
Sorry, it's a (K-series) K18 (I think), 1.8 non-VVC with manual gearbox.

Tried loads of Motor Factors, got the typical 'Nah, we probably don't stock it' ... "Well, can you check for me please?"
What happened to these places? No wonder everyone gets their stuff off the internet.

Tried 'locking' it with the gearbox/brake pedal method. Ended up having the belt jumping on the crankshaft cog. frown
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 23rd Sep 2009 10:10am
make your own bud! you've got a welder havent you?
ive just made a rear bush installer for a focus from scrap metal there £150 to buy!, there was no way i was buying that for one use!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 23rd Sep 2009 3:14pm
yer make your own, the ones you buy are pants, specially those drapper crappers.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 23rd Sep 2009 7:13pm
I 'made' my own. Jammed a pair of long nose pliers down the back. Bish Bosh Bash, it came out. Now to remove the number of engine mounts (including one right in the middle of the cam belt), stock up on plasters for my lascerated arms (two inch space to work in), and a propane torch to remove the crappy rusted bolts. frown Damn you Rover Group!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted : (Rover) Flywheel locking tool - 24th Sep 2009 9:51pm
Fortunately, didn't have to buy one, long nose pliers to remove and a ball joint fork down the front to tighten it up again! smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral