Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Wanted: Intricate Solderer - 30th Aug 2009 2:11am
Anyone good at very fine soldering? Im not talking the impossible here, but my HTC Univeral PocketPC's Mini-USB connector is faulty (loose it seems), and though I have not opened it up yet, I have seen the photographs of the connector and there are 5 rather small wires that require a very steady and patient hand.

I can get a replacement connector for it, but cba fiddling myself and though I dont mind soldering connectors etc, I dont like really small wires as I find it hard to do a clean enough job, and though my father used to be an electrician by trade, he probably won't do it as he smashed his wrist a few years back so does not like to solder intricately anymore.

Need to get it done as its the charging socket as well as the data socket and its my main mobile phone and the PocketPC side of things is vital for my business, will go the shop in Birkenhead market, but have a feeling they will want £20 - £30 for a job that in reality, will only take an experienced solderer 5 minutes or less to do cleanly. Don't need it immediately as its still charging but its deffo on its way as it needs to be "lodged" to get it to charge and the PC no longer recognizes the device - I hope the Windows install dont screw up on it as I wont be able to reload it haha!

Just lemme know if your any good at this, and ill sort you some beer tokens if and when I need it doing.

Cheers!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: Intricate Solderer - 3rd Sep 2009 3:52pm
Ended up gerrin it done in the market, took it into see if they could repair it a few days ago and they said leave it with them they would only examine it and let me know if it could be fixed, got a fonecall earlier, it had been done £30 bit surprised as they never contacted me to let me know the price/ask if I wanted it fixing, but oh well, happy to have it working again. 3 month warranty on the repair so not too bad, charging and connecting to the PC just fine again.

Cheers anyway folks! smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wanted: Intricate Solderer - 3rd Sep 2009 6:25pm
Sounds good.

Which place was this in the market??
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Wanted: Intricate Solderer - 3rd Sep 2009 6:57pm
I could of done it dude if you stripped it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral