Forums
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 28th Mar 2009 2:49pm
Hello im just wondering has anyone got a wallpaper steamer that i can lend to to the living room with happy
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 28th Mar 2009 3:03pm
Wirral Tool Hire on Laird Street - £11.00 for the day, £5.50 for an extra day or £22 for the week.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 28th Mar 2009 3:11pm
Thanks hun ill have a look at that next week laugh
Posted By: DavidB Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 30th Mar 2009 12:43am
Hope it's not painted woodchip wallpaper!
Try a flamethrower!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 30th Mar 2009 1:14am
Aldi are doing them at the moment, dunno how much.

Painted woodchip comes off fine if it is emulsion, when it has been painted with gloss and made waterproof woodchip - that is a challenge.

What works really well is wallpaper paste - mix to a weak level, just paint it on the paper, it holds the water against the paper, leave it for half an hour and paper comes off as easy as soft putty - usually. Some people add a bit of washing up liquid as well, I have never tried that. If you can't find any cheap paste, use cheap flour for the above, anything that thickens the water so it doesn't run off, but don't use flour for pasting paper on, it gets mouldy.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 1:14pm
thankyou people i will have a look in to that as im still struggling to get it off with a scrapper which is a pain in the back side mad
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 1:47pm
what ive been told to so is use vinger and warm water does anyone know is that works ?????
Posted By: bert1 Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 2:42pm
Yes, what paper is it your trying to get off.
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 4:15pm
you still after a steamer? laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 6:45pm
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
what ive been told to so is use vinger and warm water does anyone know is that works ?????
That does help a bit but it dries/runs off before soaking through the paper, thats why flour/paste added makes it thicker to give plenty of time to soak through paper - not sure if I'd add wall paper paste to vinager though - I think those two would have a small party together.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 7:36pm
Originally Posted by Jamie_LFC
you still after a steamer? laugh
Yeah im still after 1 hun laugh
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Has anyone got a wallpaper steamer - 31st Mar 2009 7:48pm
Well I havent got one smile

Sorry Had to raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral