Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 20th Feb 2009 12:39am
I am due to 'graduate' as a trained counsellor.
Hiring the cap n gown (in college colours) costs near £50 and that is just for the duration of the ceremony+foto's!!
I have worked so damn hard that i would like to reflect my achievment to all+sundry in my post ceremony celebrations!! Has anybody got a dusty mortar board to spare? Thanks x
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 20th Feb 2009 10:45am
Congratulations. My wife did a Master's in Counselling at Keele about 7 years ago. Sorry I can't help with the regalia.
If you're hiring the cap n gown for the ceremony, for a bit extra you can keep hold of them for a few more days, then you post them back.
Posted By: Wench Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 20th Feb 2009 1:38pm
You do realise you may not be able to throw your Mortars in the air don't you?

At Cambrigde we were told that H&S had decided that it was far too dangerous to throw them in the air anymore raftl It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!!

In answer to your OQ, try ebay happy
Have you tried asking on Freecycle??

And well done!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ede-Ravenscroft-mortar-board-graduate-or-fancy-dress_W0QQitemZ260361387865QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Accessories_UK?hash=item260361387865&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Feb 2009 6:05pm
Get a bowl and a piece of wood. Spray them black.
For the gown, use a load of bin liners.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 22nd Feb 2009 3:55pm
Thanks for your comments+suggestions. Great help.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 22nd Feb 2009 4:05pm
Jay, what where you doing at Cambridge then? Day out!!!(Bus, Train, Hike......Taxi for Hoseman!!) help
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Apr 2009 8:58pm
Fresh appeal! Before i buy one? Its official-i've passed and have graduation ceremony in july. Can pay 15 quid extra to hold onto attire for a week but worried about 'damages' -fag burns etc. Thanks x
Posted By: Wench Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Apr 2009 9:01pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Jay, what where you doing at Cambridge then? Day out!!!(Bus, Train, Hike......Taxi for Hoseman!!) help

I was reading Applied Mathmatics and AstroPhysics raftl

I was doing Operating Department Practice. It was also where I lived before I started there. Moved back up here just on 2 yrs ago.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Apr 2009 9:02pm
Originally Posted by Station
Get a bowl and a piece of wood. Spray them black.
For the gown, use a load of bin liners.
thanks! But i dont wanna look a twot?! Artistic-ness aint my bag and the 'creation' would look what-it-is. Hahahaha. Theres my bacp membership gone for a burton! Lol x
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Apr 2009 9:06pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Originally Posted by hoseman

I was reading Applied Mathmatics and AstroPhysics raftl

I was doing Operating Department Practice. It was also where I lived before I started there. Moved up here just on 2 yrs ago.
well done!! X i hate maths- got an 'f' twice in my gcse's. Went to college and got an elusive 'c'. Gud enuff for me! X
Posted By: Wench Re: Wanted. A mortor-board. -'real' or 'joke'. - 21st Apr 2009 10:37pm
I didn't do maths - I was winding the man with the hose up raftl

Although having said that, I did resit my maths last year and got a C, think I got a B in English. Must go and pick my certificates up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral