Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 3:09pm
As title.

Either unlocked or locked to 02 network
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 3:28pm
you only want one cos i have one now
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 5:40pm
these fones are gay, its not for you is it?

i strongly advise against buying one for yourself but i`ll pm you with a price nobody can match tomorrow AND they are brand new unlocked to any network.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:08pm
I'm happy with mine.
I wish they'd patch the software though.
The music player is a bit crap.
But for photos/video its great.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:10pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
these fones are gay, its not for you is it?

i strongly advise against buying one for yourself but i`ll pm you with a price nobody can match tomorrow AND they are brand new unlocked to any network.

Yeah, tis for me mate. Old phone is nackered.

Why do you strongly advise not to buy one?
I'll wait for your PM

Lad in work has one, an I quite like them.

Cheers MissG - whys the music player crap?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:37pm
The music player is very slow.
The software you get to stick your music on takes ages loading files onto the phone. You can make playlists though.
I don't think I have really sussed it out properly. I don't really use it for that anyway.
Its good for internet if you plan to use it for that. Screen is a good size. Has HSDPA capability (like broadband for mobiles) where it is available.

I had a K800i before this and didn't want to leave sony ericsson behind. I considered the K850i but didn't like the look or feel of it. So this was my next choice because of the camera.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030107,49292601,00.htm

You might want to look at this too:
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030107,49299760,00.htm
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:42pm
can you get wiki up on it? lol

what files have you been trying to play? mp3? wma?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:52pm
Lmao you sitched the K800i camera for a Viewty camera??

It has one of the worst camera's of the "5 megapixel era". A K800i wipes the floor with the Viewty for quality (having said that though, it beats the N95, and even the K850i in some aspects too). The reviews for it were awful (im talking about the independent reviews, not the manufacturer-paid-for CNET/ZDNET reviews).

raftl

Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 6:58pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
can you get wiki up on it? lol

havent actually tried that yet

might as well try seems as I have unlimited free wap access
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:04pm
2 of my mates have had them and they have both broken, ideal girls phone Ie: would be looked after by a lady wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:18pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
ideal girls phone Ie: would be looked after by a lady wink

Don't say that, when they were first announced, I was interested in getting one sorry

Fortunatly, when I red the reviews of the camera, I decided to get another K800i lol. Other than call's, text, using it as a modem and Opera Mobile, the camera is all I use my phone for lol.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:23pm
I like my viewty but I think I'll be going back to sony ericsson when my contract expires. And that's only because i liked a lot of features of k800i. If they hadn't made the 850i so plasticy and the buttons naff, I would have got one.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:27pm
You know what, that is totally spot on about the 850i, I am glad someone agree's with me about how cheap, tacky and plasticy the 850i looks. Put it alongside the K800i or even the K810i and you would think it is a budget PAYG phone compare to them. It also has a major flaw on the camera, they had no lens protector, even though they need to put a matrix protector behind the plastic lens due to it not having a len cover, and it gets scratched easily.

And SE wonder why they are making losses, thier last range of phones was so cheap and crap!!

They have made up for it with the new range and got back to where they should be (C902, C905, X1, K770i etc, all look mint imho), but it's no wonder the K800i was outselling the K850i like 6 - 1, tis just a shame, because its now become a victom of it's own success (Sony have pulled it the morons, they are sick of it taking the limelight away from new phones lol - it was like a Modern day 5110 or 3310, a phone that would have sold well for years and years lol).
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:33pm
i love my k800i, it has had a pretty good beating and has never let me down smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 7:34pm
Me too, and the missus, and Pomp lol we should start a fan club like the Fuji club!!

tease
Posted By: Mr_T5 Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 8:47pm
I've got a viewty, thought it was brilliant for 5 mins.

Touch screen responce is slow. the internet speed is good. thats about it.

Posted By: MGCraig Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 8:49pm
Tocco is Several times better than the Viewty..and now theres the new one out with an 8 mp camera....

Samsung for the win
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 8:54pm
MissCalculated had a Tocco but didn't like it - got a Viewty instead lol

I would def get a C905 now if my contract was up.

My K800i was a bronze one - tempted to start using it again now lol. K800i was also excellent for using as a modem with a laptop.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 10:37pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided

I would def get a C905 now if my contract was up.

Yeah, thats my next phone 8mp camera and faster modem built in although i have mobile broadband now thae modem won`t be needed but with the quality of the k800i camera, this one should be great with 8mp.

My fuji camera is an 8mp omg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 11:10pm
Ste, please dont tell me you have fallen for the megapixel myth man?

Megapixels means nothing. 8mp on a phone is rediculous, because the CCD sensors are about 1/4 of the size of the one found in your camera. As for the optics on phone camera's, the less said about them, the better. There is a reason why DSLR/SLR's are the size they are, and a reason why professional's use such big and bulky camera's.

I once heard a rumor that the K800i is the same sensor as the K750 but interpolated, if it is true, then it would'nt surprise me if the C905 was using the same trick lol.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 11:22pm
i heard theres two things...

Actual pixels used and simulated, i`m presuming this phone shall be actual pixels?

I understand you though man, your camera has produced some better images than mine, even though mines an 8mp and your is a 6mp.

My next step is an dslr when i get the spare £500 needed. smile
I wanna learn to play with hdr also as it looks cool tease

Sorry for hyjacking your thread joe sorry
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 5th Dec 2008 11:31pm
Yeah, but interpolation does not happen so much in real camera's, because the sensors are bigger. The problem with real camera's is over-pixelating, is the S6500 that I have, gives better quality at 6.1mp, than the S9600 does at 9.1mp, because the sensor is too small for 9, so they are crammed in tighter, therefore, a lot of people the with the S9600 shoot in 6mp setting.

Quite why the CCD-RAW mode on them is 12.3mp... ill never know. But it is lol. It supposed to be related to the way the Fuji SuperCCD works when shooting a RAW image.

The reason over-pixelating happens, is because like most things, the consumers see numbers, so a camera with a sensor suitable for 3.2mp, can be released as a 12.1mp camera for the same price as a low-end camera, and the consumer will be duped into thinking that megapixel count is all that matters, and not realise that by shooting at 12mp, not only is it a waste of speace, but also means quality can be lowered rather than increased.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 6th Dec 2008 12:09am
....All very interesting, but offtopic

Let me know your price tomorrow asap Ste
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 6th Dec 2008 12:10am
I didn`t know that, cheers man, i`ve also noticed my camera has no option for raw? Do you use raw at all?

I believe by shooting in raw you have to process the images yourself, is this correct?

Originally Posted by BMW Joe
....All very interesting, but offtopic

Let me know your price tomorrow asap Ste

Ok joe, will do, its not from me its from someone i`m buying from at knock down prices wink

I do know i can get you a blackberry 9300 8 gig (i think) for £100 and iphones are £200 for some strange reason.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 6th Dec 2008 7:25pm
Doesn't matter now, bought the LG cookie instead
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Wanted: LG Viewty - 6th Dec 2008 7:35pm
they are supposed to be good phones too
© Wirral-Wikiwirral