Forums
Posted By: Pomp Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 7:19pm
The Dvd rewriter that I have on my laptop reads ok but it doesn't record when I try to burning files or folders
on it so am looking for a another Dvd rewriter that is able to read and write.

Has anyone have a spare Dvd rewriter lyin around? an how much?

These are the pictures of what my current Dvd rewriter looks like so looking for something similar.

Thnks

Attached picture dvd2.jpg
Attached picture dvd.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 7:25pm
Is it not under warranty Pomp? Things like this should last a good few years, although having said that, a LOT of laptop DVD Writers have problems relating to firmware (my acer drive was replace 3 times before I got one that could write both cd's and dvd's).
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 7:26pm
http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=2&cat=27&subcat=2307

Starting at £25.00.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 7:36pm
Bought the laptop last year so the warranty is over now,
didn't think I would need it.

Which ones better? Lg or the Samsung?? lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 8:00pm
LG although nout wrong with either tbh mate.

I would contact the laptop manufacturer if I were you, they may offer some sort of help, especially since legally you should be entitled to a repair/replacement even though it is out of warranty.

Contact them and see what they say; if they fob you off, remind them of the Sales Of Goods Act 1979 which states that electrical purchases should be expected to work for upto 6 years. There isnt much point taking it any further for the sake of £25.00, but it can't do any harm to see what they say.

I had a monitor replaced by HP a few years back, and it was 4 months out of warranty; I didnt even have to mention the sales of goods act, the customer support rep said they expect their products to last longer than 16 months, and the next day they just sent a courier out with a new monitor (refurbished) and took the old one away.

Sometimes the big companies can simply be nice, especially if it isnt going to cost them much to rectify a problem out of warranty.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 9:50pm
Nice bit of info there matey happy
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 10:37pm
I have one from my old Acer laptop.. If you want it pompy its a £10 to you smile )basically a tin of milk for the baby lol) happy
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 10th Nov 2008 10:55pm
ye I might take up on that offer, will send you a pm
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 11th Nov 2008 6:33pm
sorry bout he wasted journey pomp.. smile hope you find what your lookin for happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted: Laptop Dvd rewriter - 13th Nov 2008 6:43pm
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1539194026.1226601671@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccekadefjgkfheecflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=507408&category_oid=

Only in stock in the Wrexham/Warrington stores locally however.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral