Forums
Posted By: Wheels Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 14th Aug 2007 6:36pm
as it says.

I need some better equipment to play some games. i just been to PC world and i need to spend £160 on a Graphics card/ 512RAM/ better power supply.

If anyone has anything they aint using & no longer need let me know. thumbsup
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 14th Aug 2007 10:36pm
ditto, i`ll have second offers
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 15th Aug 2007 12:33am
check out ebuyer or dabs, dont pay pc worlds prices
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 15th Aug 2007 7:56am
I have 1 GB DDR Ram and 512 DDR Ram that i might sell.

I have a XFX Geforce 4 TurboCache Graphics card, i also have a PSU, that will handle that graphics card. Not sure of spec, the graphics card isn't brilliant as it uses system resources to push its RAM upto 128mb, but it runs battlefield 2 on medium settings.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 15th Aug 2007 8:42pm
COOL

how much for the ram?. i only have 512 at the moment and it will be mainly for BF2 when i finally get broadband fitted to my new house.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 15th Aug 2007 9:38pm
£15 for all of it?

I would personally recommend at least 2GB to run BF2
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 12:10pm
Well i have 512 at the mo. so if i bought all of it ide have the 2gb then. or am i being thick.

I just cleaned out the inside of the pc and it was absolutely cram packed with dust. the CPU cooling was jammed with the stuff, no wonder at night i could hear the fan Howling away like mad. i left it outside for the wind to blow away the last few bits but it started to rain (oops) doh
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 12:32pm
Yeah, providing the memory worked on your motherboard, it would crank your memory upto 2GB.

In the past BF2 suffered really badly from memory leaks, although this has, in the main been fixed. I wouldn't usually recommend it on a computer with less that 1.5 GB of free memory. So 512 would run windows applications
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 4:29pm
ok ill take it. pick up /drop off/ meet?

there was 2 spare slots next to the current memory so im guessing that it should be ok to fit.

also just had to buy BF2 again frown

Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 4:33pm
It is worth every penny, in a clan over headphones it is probably the best online experience ever.

I will probably be available tomorrow night. If it doesn't work you can have your money back, i will send you a PM tonight/tomoz
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 4:40pm
ok sound, im working til 9pm 2moz tho.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wanted: PC hardware-graphics-RAM-Power - 16th Aug 2007 4:40pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
It is worth every penny, in a clan over headphones it is probably the best online experience ever.

I will probably be available tomorrow night. If it doesn't work you can have your money back, i will send you a PM tonight/tomoz

Yeah man and if it dont work i`ll buy the memory off you wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral