Forums
can anyone tint my original corsa lights black? ive seen it done and looks different and nice can anyone do this or even have any corsa lights? thanks jay
Posted By: Rossyboy Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 16th Dec 2006 4:47pm
iv done it on my civic with my old lexus lights. i just used light tinting spray from motorworld, think it was £14.99.
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 16th Dec 2006 7:20pm
hack no! that tinting spray is crap! just get someone who is good with a can of paint, i used gloss black on my old car. just key the surface of your lights with some emery paper or 1200 wet and dry (make sure to use plenty of water), and then spray one even coat till the lights are pretty much black. then when its dry, test them in the daylight, if you think its hard to see the get some liquid compound (like farecla g3) and slowly take off a few layers

pic of what i did
[Linked Image]
Posted By: scoop Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 17th Dec 2006 3:20pm
If u have to do it do what stu said. However,to stay legal u need red reflectors visable on the back of ur car.IMO black rear lights on black cars looks really nice, can u get any nice non chav black lexus lights for the corsa?
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 17th Dec 2006 3:50pm
dnt no but i want some! dont want to try this myself incase i fook it up!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 18th Dec 2006 12:33pm
Get some of your mums tights and wrap the lights in them.

May sure they are thick winter ones and none of them fish net bollox.

They can actually look alright, but beware of ladders tease
Posted By: StuyMac Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 18th Dec 2006 12:35pm
Most paint shops can do it.

Basically they mix some black paint (amount depends on how dark you want the tint) with clear laquer, and spray the lights.
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 18th Dec 2006 4:02pm
i might have a go at the tights thing 4 now!! lol! the paint shops charge £25 a light!!!! can buy um on ebay for £25 done!!!
Posted By: Dazza Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 19th Dec 2006 11:49pm
Originally Posted by corsasportjay
can buy um on ebay for £25 done!!!

How cheap did you think you'd get it done?
Posted By: corsasportjay Re: can anyone spray original lights black - 20th Dec 2006 10:18am
Didnt know but i thourt alot less than that!
I thought the light tint stuff was okay, as long as you spend a few hours polishing them up afterwards. You can still see the orange and red behind it though.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral