Forums
Posted By: Sanchez Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 10:53am
i want some one to come round me flat and format me hard drive and reinstall windows. all you have to do before hand is save a few documents and shit for me then when you have reinstalled windows, put them back on and get my norton subscription back on and a few other thing, you will be paid for this.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 11:14am
Ill be happy do this for free for you matey provided you have all the nessesary disks etc. The only problem is I dont have a car atm.

Lemme know if this is any good to ya.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 11:42am
I may have time in the week andy ?
But you can trust Matty smile

He' knows what he's doing too.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 12:19pm
well, the main problem i have is that i dont have the window s disk, it was not given to me when i bought the pc, i dont mind who wants to do it. matty if you want to do it, as i know our mark is a busy chappy then by all means i ll be glad to pick you up and drop you off. i ll sort you a few bob too.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 12:48pm
What is the reason for the full re-install of Windows? Most OS problems can be sorted without doing this.

Otherwise I can source an XP cd from someone for you and do the re-install. Is the install of Windows legitamate or not? If its a branded PC, its quite likely that the setup will be on a partition on the drive.

If its legit but you just never got the CD with it, you can usually use an illegal disk and get Microsoft to authorize you a new key (and sometimes they will even have the decency to send you a new cd for a couple of dollars).

If its not legit, then I can get ahold of a CD from an anonymous source which is a VLC and it would give you access to all updates, but I would not be able to give you a CD.

If you need a cd though, it would be back to usual old illegal version, which is a pain in the arse to update lol!

PM me with when is best for you and what CD you will need me to get and ill be happy to sort something.

Don't want payment matey, I like doing it as a hobby, I kinda miss doing it as me day job now hehe.

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 6:09pm
well thanks matty. its a ligit version so i will need to get a copy off microsoft, i bought a pc from pc world last year, its a packard bell, not the best of p c s but it does the job for me me, any way how do i get in touch with them for the cd etc
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 6:44pm
Is it XP? If you've got the serial, I can send you a DVD with XP on it. You won't be breaking any laws with that.
I'm sure you can get it from Microsoft's site (without a serial).
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 3rd Dec 2006 7:11pm
thanks, i have got the serial, i think its on the side of the pc or on the info thing i go with it, i think its 00039117910395 that is the tracking id number. but its printed on a microsoft hologramatic sticker that looks like the seal of genuineness
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 4th Dec 2006 11:24am
Did Packard Bell not include any sort of restore CD? Sometimes I know they put the data required for a restore on a secondary (sometimes hidden) partition of the hard drive, and can be accessed via pressing like F10 or similar at the boot screen.

Otherwise, it shouldnt be a problem too much to get a copied CD and then contact Microsoft, as the Windows is actually registered to the PC rather then the a CD as such (WPA works it out from an algorythim generated from the component serial numbers, and then registers the serial to that PC - which is why when you change more then 3 hardware components Windows becomes invalid until you telephone Microsoft).

Uusally Microsoft will help you to renew the code, but I suppose its a question of how nice they are being atm.

I think the best thing to do is for me to have a look at the PC prior to doing the install so we can work out what we will need, and possibly contact Microsoft to confirm thier standpoint on this (I am sure they will be very good, they usually are).

Whenever is best for you I can come down matey.

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wanted : some one to re-install windows - 4th Dec 2006 6:12pm
thanks matty, i will be in touch mate !
© Wirral-Wikiwirral