Forums
Posted By: Giggler Cooling Off Period : On the High Street - 11th Apr 2015 6:08pm
Not sure if this is the right place for this.

Word of warning.
I got EE broadband last Saturday. Seemed like a bargain. Can`t even remember the data allowance.
Phoned Sky to cancel my broadband because of the rising cost and connection issues. They sorted the connection and gave my a massive discount so I went into the EE shop today to cancel my broadband and she told me I couldn`t! I said isn`t there a `14 day cooling off period` and she said no because I`d signed the contract last week. I didn`t want to get into an argument. So I`ve phoned EE who fortunately told me if I`d done it over the phone I would have had 14 days. So I`m going to use that if they`re difficult. The first time I phoned the system was down and now the cancellation dept is closed till tomorrow. But I thought now we`ve got an EE shop in Liscard I`d let you know in case you fall into the trap.
Has anybody else got EE Broadband?
Posted By: Mark Re: Cooling Off Period : On the High Street - 12th Apr 2015 10:46am
This covers it pretty well : Click me

There are conditions, where there is no cooling off period.
Posted By: Giggler Re: Cooling Off Period : On the High Street - 12th Apr 2015 11:22am
Thanks Mark.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Cooling Off Period : On the High Street - 12th Apr 2015 1:34pm
This is from Digital Spy
http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/faqs/what-is-a-broadband-cooling-off-period/

EE Cooling Off Period

Broadband customers are given a seven day cooling off period to return any equipment and cancel their plan. Any postage costs of returning an item will not be covered by EE and will have to be paid by the customer.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Cooling Off Period : On the High Street - 13th Apr 2015 10:56pm
If SKY gave a massive discount for you not to leave them, it just makes me wonder how many of us are paying way over the top for any of the services provided by all of them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral