Forums
Posted By: johncon electrified fence - 12th Oct 2014 9:29am
Is it legal for someone to put up a electrified fence around land without any warning signs . no private property or warning signs of any sort !
Posted By: Dilly Re: electrified fence - 12th Oct 2014 9:32am
I would think certainly not.
Posted By: organised_chaos Re: electrified fence - 12th Oct 2014 7:31pm
Hi
link to elecy fence people

http://www.electricfence-online.co.uk/shop/electric-fencing/home-security-systems.html

seems it's not illegal as long as you have warning signs every 10 meters & it's on your property.

Good luck!
Posted By: johncon Re: electrified fence - 12th Oct 2014 7:43pm
there are no signs at all! at first it just looked like a string rope or something that was fair enough but then my dog touched it and gave out a massive yelp so i touched it and got one hell of a belt !!
Originally Posted by organised_chaos
Hi
link to elecy fence people

http://www.electricfence-online.co.uk/shop/electric-fencing/home-security-systems.html

seems it's not illegal as long as you have warning signs every 10 meters & it's on your property.

Good luck!
Posted By: Wench Re: electrified fence - 13th Oct 2014 12:24pm
If you mean fencing tape that is used round grazing land or where horses are kept, then I think signs are only needed if the land is on a right of way.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: electrified fence - 13th Oct 2014 2:53pm
The legislation sets out specific safety regulations which must be adhered to.  These are as follows:Every electric fence must carry a suitable warning sign:The sign should have the size of at least 100mm x 200mm.It is recommended that the basic colour of the sign be yellow with black inscription and should use the words "ELECTRIC FENCE".The inscription shall be permanent, inscribed on both sides and have a height of at least 25mm.An electric fence when installed in such a position that members of the public might reasonably be expected to touch it, such as along a public road or highway or as a boundary fence, should be identified by a number of warning signs (as explained above) which must be clamped to the fence wires at intervals recommended to be of approximately 10m to 50m, but not exceeding 90m.A clear warning notice should also be fitted at every point where persons may have ready access to the electric wires, rope or tape. The notice should bear the words 'LIVE WIRES' in block letters not less than 13mm high, the letters should be red on a white background and the size of each notice should be not less than 62mm x 50mm overall.Where an energiser is required, they should not be mounted on any post of any overhead line unless permission is granted by the owner of the line.
Posted By: tonyh Re: electrified fence - 13th Oct 2014 6:21pm
the strange person next to me has one around his rear garden really horrible when you hear a cat get a belt from it or a squirrel
© Wirral-Wikiwirral