Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 10:53am
I won a tv yesterday on ebay for £28:00, on add it says collection only, and to contact seller to arrange collection and payment.

I have had no contact from seller, so I requested there details from ebay, which I now have, however when I phone seller, and mention am calling to arrange payment and collection of tv, they hang up phone on me.

I take it there is nowt I can do.

Posted By: Finney Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 11:11am
As it is pay on collection I wouldnt worry about it, you havent lost anything. I would wait until the seller contacts you
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 11:25am
Originally Posted by Finney
As it is pay on collection I wouldnt worry about it, you havent lost anything. I would wait until the seller contacts you
Guess am just lucky I have not paid.

I had a feeling they would not sell for £28, to be honest I thought they would of ended item early.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 12:54pm
I had some tosser do it on a games console I won with loads of games for £25 not so long back.
They emailed me as soon as auction ended to say it was sold the week before and eBay refused to let them end it (more bullish).

I said don't take me for a fool and I was coming to get it yet they said there was no point as it had gone. They told me to just give them the neg feedback.

I just left it at that, I didn't give them the neg feedback but if it happens again with anyone else I would as I'm sick of being messed around on there.

At least my seller had the decency to speak to me.

If I were you willo I'd give neg and explain why, ignorant asshole, hate people like that. thumbsdown
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 3:42pm
File a "Seller Non Performance" report with eBay, and do it quickly as there is a time limit to making such complaints. But don't let them get away with their fraud, because that's what it is.

So what if they're not happy with the price their TV has sold for? That's no reason not to honour their agreement! I'VE had loads of items sell for less than I wanted, but hey! I'm always happy to GET a bargain on eBay, so I'm happy to GIVE a bargain too! If they were so concerned, they should have set a reserve on it.

I hope eBay suspends their account and stops them from selling anything else. And if you don't get your item, don't forget to leave them negative feedback.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 4:52pm
They phoned me about 30 mins ago, they said they had bad signal all day on mobile, am off to Chorley at 6:30 to go pick tv up.

In a car that am having issues with, good job I never cancelled my RAC cover.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 7:34pm
Let us know if you're successful in getting your TV! smile
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 7:43pm
Originally Posted by Gold_Moon
Let us know if you're successful in getting your TV! smile
Just got back now, and I actually believe her about signal problems, she was a really nice person, I actually felt sorry for her only getting £28.
So I gave her £30.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ebay - 18th Jun 2013 8:43pm
Well done willo
Posted By: dool4lit4tle Re: Ebay - 24th Aug 2013 2:32pm
I have to say you didn't give it much time to be resolved,I have quite often waited two or more day's for someone to phone or message me when doing a deal on ebay simply because of unforseen circumstances, which usually turn out to be nobody's fault however I'm glad you saw the light and gave her a couple of quid more
© Wirral-Wikiwirral