Forums
Posted By: neilmcc Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 7:29pm
I work for a company doing repairs in customers houses if I injure myself in a house by falling down a staircase that collapsed under me who do I claim off for injuries my employer or the house owner

Cheers neil
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 7:42pm
the employer, thats why he pays (hopefully) insurance
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 8:04pm
Cheers
Posted By: j_demo Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 8:06pm
yeh the employer, though depending on your occupation they may argue that you should have carried out the necessary health and safety checks & risk assessments before starting work.

if you just fell down the stairs and didn't trip, stumble or fall over anything, i don't believe (excuse the pun) you have a leg to stand on compensation-wise, you may just about get an apology
Posted By: neilmcc Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 8:18pm
The whole staircase collapsed as if it wasn't secured going into a cellar nothing I could do
Posted By: futurepast Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 9:49pm
Your solicitor will claim against the main contractor firstly, has the H.S.E been informed of the accident? its the law to report to the H.S.E if an accident at work leads to an injury that requires more than three days off work or immediately if the accident leads to a serious injury or death, if you are self employed you would normaly need your own insurance and public liability to work on site in the first place and if you was PAYE your employer will hold said licenses.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Workplace injury help - 2nd Jun 2013 9:58pm
Ahhh, I get it now. I must write an essay to answer a question, a simple reply is too easy.
Posted By: GazLar Re: Workplace injury help - 3rd Jun 2013 1:28pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Ahhh, I get it now. I must write an essay to answer a question, a simple reply is too easy.
withthatha ha ha amazing
© Wirral-Wikiwirral