Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:01am
Back in October last year, I added business insurance on to my policy, they took extra payment via debit card over phone, I got my new certificate stating

( Use for social, domestic and pleasure purposes and by the policy holder in connection with his/her business or profession)

Yesterday I phoned up to change my car, they asked me my job, I told them, they stated we do not cover delivery drivers.

So since October I have been doing deliveries, and if I had of been stopped by police they would of took my car and I would of got points.

They took extra payment from me to add business insurance on for deliveries, but now 7 months later they say I am not covered for deliveries.

Do they have to give me my extra payment I made and the extra cost of monthly payments i have been making back to me.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:17am
Surely the proof of extra payment and certificate proof should be enough evidence to cover you ..
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:18am
Did you state your business was that of 'delivery driver' when you added to your policy in October, the crux of the matter might lie there think

Was all this done over the phone, did your new policy explain the exemption of 'delivery drivers'. Go back to the insurance company and ask more questions.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:23am
They have just phoned me, they have listened to the tape recording of call in October, they state yes i did tell them i was doing deliverys, and its them at fault, just waiting for call back to confirm what they now intend to do.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:32am
excellent result yipee
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 11:35am
ALL,S WELL THAT ENDS WELL......
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Car Insurance - 3rd May 2013 10:28pm
Pleased to hear that things were in order for your BC but it could have been difficult if anything had happened and you needed to claim. Do let us know what they come back with.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral