Forums
Posted By: lazy_ben the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 11:41am
a couple of months ago, a mate of mine was involved a dispute with someone. he wasnt directly involved but was in the wrong place at the wrong time (with his car). the next morning he's woken up by 5 policemen in his bedroom. they took him to the local constabulary and he wasnt charged with anything.
but the point is, since then he hasnt had his car back (and he's still paying for it) and the police wont be giving it back to him for another 2 months either. Apparently theyre keeping it from him under the same laws as they would keep a drug dealers car.....which is a totally different situation! surely they cant be doing this....is there anyway he could get his car back earlier?
any thoughts or ideas......anything will help. cheers folks
Posted By: Scooby Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 11:45am
More information needed matey, What act or law are they retaining his vehicle ?? I suppose the cercumstances matter also about the alleged offence.

Personally i would have my solisitor straight onto the situation as it does not appear to be right ???
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 11:51am
some guy was given a beating in new brighton and his bird claims that she was robbed at the same time. my mates getting the blame and the police took his car away for 'forensic examination.' he hasnt had it back since and theyve told his solicitor that theyre keeping his car under the same laws/rules/regulations as they would keep a drug dealers car (just wanna say hes not a crackhead or drug dealer by the way)
Posted By: Gary Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 1:18pm
They took his car off him on the 27th febuary and he still aint got it back! sickening thing is he's still payin it off and he's paid for insurance that he hasnt got!!! the car really hasnt got anything to do with the case but they wont give it him back!
Posted By: Mark Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 2:07pm
Maybe ask about compensation ?

This would be an angle if he car was
cleared etc..

Keep us posted and also if you can find
out the actual Name of the Law, (Traffic Act ?)
that its being held under ?
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 3rd May 2004 3:57pm
yeah ok, ill try n find the 'act' its being held under and i'll mention the compenstaion
Posted By: Andrew Re: the cops cant do this can they? - 31st May 2004 12:25pm
Stuff like this is always going on in New Brighton frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral