Forums
Posted By: jonny vectra sri 3 points for droping me off - 3rd Oct 2006 8:41pm
today my girlfriend (jade) pulled up outside marrigolds chippy in west kirby and let me out so i could get sum food. there has been a pellican crossing made there quite recentley and she pulled up on the zig zag lines JUST to drop me off and the police pull her over give her a caution, 3 points and a £60 fine eek eek i hope the fat ****** of an officer has a good nights sleep in the knowlege that he has booked me girlfriend for something so meaningless. id agree if it was parked on the line and unattended but just for sitting there for max 10 secs just takes the piss. mad mad
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points for droping me off - 3rd Oct 2006 10:21pm
That sounds really harsh,
a stiff warning would have prevented her from doing it again.

Sounds like its a hot spot for them.

But the Law is very serious about the zig zags,
No Parking and No overtaking.

Its for the pedestrians saftey,
which has to come first when children,
use crossings more than adults.

Lesson learned i guess frown
Posted By: Scooby Re: 3 points for droping me off - 4th Oct 2006 12:13am
I agree its harsh, however if my daughter got ran over because a driver didnt see her crossing the crossing due to your girlfriend i would be saying she got what she deserved....

In all honesty it is a little foolish dropping someone off on Zig Zag's.

Maybe if she had of thought and dropped you off just before the Zig Zags then she wouldnt have got the points and fine think

Its the points i disagree with, a fine maybe but 3 points too smack
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 3 points for droping me off - 4th Oct 2006 12:19am
Originally posted by Scooby:
I agree its harsh, however if my daughter got ran over because a driver didnt see her crossing the crossing due to your girlfriend i would be saying she got what she deserved....

Its the points i disagree with, a fine maybe but 3 points too smack
I agree
Posted By: scoop Re: 3 points for droping me off - 4th Oct 2006 9:28pm
Harsh,but the rule is CLEAR. its absolutely no stopping due to the fact ur obscuring other road users view of people stepping onto the crossing.

A stern warning was called for and 3 points will mean she WONT do it again but just the warning would have got the same message across.Gutted
Posted By: krisGTi Re: 3 points for droping me off - 6th Oct 2006 7:46pm
my nans m8 got 3 points an a 60 pound fine on that same crossing yesterday
Posted By: jonny vectra sri Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Oct 2006 8:40am
was it a landrover that pulled her?
Posted By: krisGTi Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Oct 2006 2:35pm
dono m8
Posted By: kaytie Re: 3 points for droping me off - 9th Oct 2006 11:10am
Thats bad, i can understand the caution and fine but not the points, tis very harsh. But i see where Jay is coming from tho.
Hopefully she will have learnt her lesson.
Posted By: Fozzy Bear Re: 3 points for droping me off - 17th Oct 2006 9:44am
I'm with you on this one, way to harsh. A simple word to say move on but if you do it again then i'll do you. If there is such a thing as karma then hopefully the pig will get cock rot, and his wife will run off with a smack head madmad mad. As for your missus tell her not to worry, there is always the option of hit & run if she ever sees him again laugh (only joking, i must say i do not condone this act in anyway, honestly whistle).

I feel so much better with that out my system
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points for droping me off - 17th Oct 2006 10:12am
In my opinion, its about time the bacon did something about illegal parking... Okay, so this may have been a bit harsh, but a warning in most cases does nothing to deter people from doing things.

I bet she won't think about doing it again will she? If she had only got a warning she would'nt have been too much bothered.

It really does my head in people parking/stopping in places they should'nt be, the worst is the lazy gimps who cant be bothered to walk a few extra metres, so they park on double yellows.

You have to ask yourself why these road marking are in place? They are not like speed camera's, the are nearly always there for a damn good reason - usually for pedestrian safety, motorists safety or to keep the flow of traffic constant. They are not in place to cause anyone grief or for a joke.

Let this be a lesson to everyone.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: 3 points for droping me off - 17th Oct 2006 4:59pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
It really does my head in people parking/stopping in places they should'nt be, the worst is the lazy gimps who cant be bothered to walk a few extra metres, so they park on double yellows.

You have to ask yourself why these road marking are in place? They are not like speed camera's, the are nearly always there for a damn good reason - usually for pedestrian safety, motorists safety or to keep the flow of traffic constant. They are not in place to cause anyone grief or for a joke.

Let this be a lesson to everyone.

I agree
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Sep 2007 2:43pm
i pulled over to have a word with a mate and accidentally put the front of the car over the zig zags... would you believe it, some probationer in a VAN pulls in IN FRONT of me and i get the same £60 and 3 points.
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Sep 2007 2:49pm
actually i think i can believe that lol
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Sep 2007 5:26pm
u not read the highway code?

they are not to be stopped on at any time unless unavoidable
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 points for droping me off - 8th Sep 2007 8:27pm
Some muppet before parked on a corner of a very tight road by mine to go the shop, in front of another car parked on double yellows.

I was trying to exit the road and someone was trying to get in, because of these fools I had to reverse and let the guy in; does my hed in so much, they are always parking on double yellows there, cant be arsed walking a few metres the lazy gits! mad

I have a good parking place when I go the shop though, me mate has a garage with a long drive behind the shop, I either park on me mates drive behind his car or park over the drive lmao grin

More often then not though, I park down the road, I dont see what the big problem is with walking a few metres!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral