Forums
Posted By: lawton radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 12:21pm
when the police are standing at the side of the road with a radar gun, do they have to pull you over at the side of the road there and then? or can they send you the points and fine through the post?
Posted By: Scooby Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 12:28pm
There is a ruling called Notice of procecution where they have 14 days to inform you of the offence. If you havnt heard anything within 14 days your clear happy

Go on Mr Lawton, spill the beans......
Posted By: lawton Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 12:53pm
lol, was coming from heswall on the chester high road, got to gayton where it goes into two lanes, the bit where you can turn right to go to parkgate, any way, i was in the first lane doing 39mph in a 40mph behind an ambulance, got bored so droped it down into 4th and moved into the second lane, as i got to the side of the ambulance i was doing 60mph and looked over to my left and the was two police man, i dont think they had it aimed at me, but as i went past they were giving me the evils, i think the ambulance was blocking there view but not sure, anyway i was expecting to see a police car coming up behind me, but nothing,
Posted By: Mark Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 12:57pm
I think they have to take 2 readings?
not sure.

But it has to be pointed at you for a period of time (1-3seconds) to they can get a reading.

Sounds like your okay

fingers crossed.
Posted By: lawton Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 12:59pm
yeah, fingers crossed, lets hope they were giving me the evils as they didnt get me, will soon no if they got me or not
Posted By: kaytie Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 4:06pm
if they never had the gun thing aimed at u they cant prove that u were speedind so u shud b ok x
Posted By: weaver_86 Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 5:40pm
there are two types of radar gun the police use. one is usually mounted on a tripod, and with that one they don't need to stop you, cos it records all the data on to its little computer. the other is a hand held one, (the one they use most of the time). with this one they pull you over and either give you a NIP (notice of intended prosicution) or a slap on the wrist. sounds like you've been lucky tho matey!
Posted By: lawton Re: radar gun - 17th Jun 2006 6:06pm
dont think it was on a tripod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral