Forums
Posted By: exploding_penguin personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 10:33am
gti 180 has just pointed out this plate 4 me
P12 NGU. does n e 1 know weather i can get it 4 my car as its an n reg??
Posted By: StuyMac Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 10:39am
Unfortunatly, your not allowed a plate that makes your car look any newer frown
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 10:47am
dam ah well it would have bin cool to have that

cheers stuy
Posted By: Rocco Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 1:25pm
Why don't you look for EXP1NGU More letters should cost less!?!?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 5:58pm
PIN6U / PIN9U ?
Posted By: Rocco Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 6:03pm
can't get a newer reg than a N jimbo!!
Posted By: tony_220 Re: personal plate - 6th Sep 2004 6:54pm
yeah but that not newer rocco! mines nil and its an m reg mate! they are irish i think!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: personal plate - 7th Sep 2004 8:59am
Originally posted by jimbo4x4:
PIN6U / PIN9U ?
They never did a "U" reg.

Basically there are 2 types of plate, dated plates, and dateless plates.

Dateless plates have no letter prefix, and do not correspond to a year of manufacture - this also includes irish plates - one of these plates can be put on any car, regardless of age.

Dated plates are those prefixed by a letter to denote the year of registration.

IE P1 NGU is a '96 / '97 plate, and could not be put on an "N" reg car as it would make it look newer than it actually is.

Plates must also be in the correct format, ie you cant radnomly have letters and numbers, ie P1N6U is not a valid format for a plate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: personal plate - 13th Oct 2004 2:53am
I would like to get a private plate for my car, want SP33DY or ST3V3 ( luckly my reg is S so i would have no problems ).
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Re: personal plate - 13th Oct 2004 2:58am
hard that mate they are both good ahev you chcked to see if they are available first.

Uk Reg Check

hope this helps

:go:
Posted By: StuyMac Re: personal plate - 13th Oct 2004 9:17am
Originally posted by SP33DY-ST3V3:
I would like to get a private plate for my car, want SP33DY or ST3V3 ( luckly my reg is S so i would have no problems ).
Sorry fella, but none of those 2 plates are valid formats frown

Plates must be:

X = Letters N = Numbers

XNNN XXX or XXX NNNX where the N can be 1 - 3 numbers

or

XXNN XXX for the newer type plates
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: personal plate - 13th Oct 2004 6:39pm
You could try for SPE30Y, or S7EVE, or even STE7E?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: personal plate - 13th Oct 2004 10:29pm
Sound i would proberly go with the plate S7EVE, just got to make sure its avaliable tho.

see ye all soon
Posted By: StuyMac Re: personal plate - 14th Oct 2004 8:40am
Lol, sorry to post a downer mate, but it has an "S" Prefix and would make your car look newer and wouldnt be allowed frown

What about an earlier prefix with "STE" as the last 3 letters?

Im guess they are easier to find, and I suspect if S7EVE did come up for sale it would fetch £1000's frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: personal plate - 18th Oct 2004 9:37pm
im looking for a plate for my car i was thinking about (t1 3vom) but my car is a Lreg dam if u look the reg in a mirror (mov3 1t) cool reg
tazz
see you all soon
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: personal plate - 20th Sep 2011 10:15pm
Anyone can have a personal registration plate!! Just change your name by deed poll to whatever your license plate is. It saves you a fortune!!
Yours faithfully
D56 YTP
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 6:25am
[Linked Image]

You bumped a 7 year old post, to reply with something you read in Viz at around that time...
Posted By: hoseman Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 6:50am
I also read it in Viz....!
My ideal plate would be
HO53 MAN

Wanted HO53 RHS but they wouldnt let me caus my van is an 03 plate...BUT the manufacture date is only 12 days before the 53 came out!! I argued that two vans could have been sitting next to each other on the merc production line the same time and one is sold before the other hence given the 03 plate, hell mine could even have been manufactured earlier in the week, just not sold as soon because of the colour or spec!!
DVLA didnt see it like that and told me i was trying to make the van look newer....by 12 days!!! Tools
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:16am
I've got the ideal plate for mine in that it says my surname, but I want 4LEX to sit next to it.

It's on a Scirocco which I've seen in Liverpool. Maybe at some point later in life I'll stop him and make an offer.

Posted By: polo_phil Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:28am
4LEX That must have been really expensive!!
Why have such an expensive plate then drive a Scirocco... Don't get me wrong I think the Scirocco is a lovely car.
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:38am
I guess it'd be around £40k, crude estimate based on 6LEX being £15k last time I enquired.
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:39am
Plate may have been a gift. Friend of mine had 1TSM on his Civic when he passed his test.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:42am
I'd be a bit gutted if someone got me an expensive plate as a gift... Not that I wouldn't appreciate it but I could have spent the money on something far more useful...
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:48am
Well the plate is on a Lambo now and I don't think he ever wanted for much as a kid.

I'd wanted my plate for ages, mine was given to me as a 21st present as I'd asked for something I could keep.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 9:17am
Hi Hoseman. I was looking on dvla website you can have any of these for £815 HOS3 AAA HOS3 AAY HOS3 ACE HOS3 ACT HOS3 ADD HOS3 AGE HOS3 AGO HOSE AHA HOSE ALL HOS3 ANY HOS3 APE HOS3 ARK HOS3 ART HOS3 ASK HOS3 AVE. I know you had your eye on HOS3 RHS .Dvla won`t allow you to have that plate because your reg isn`t 03 .If you bought the plate anyway and register it in your name it will only cost you £25 a year to keep it untill you get your self a later model van.I know because i`ve just done it on 11 plate ,which i can`t get just yet but i`ve got the plate i want for then June
Posted By: polo_phil Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 9:23am
Originally Posted by AlexB
Well the plate is on a Lambo now and I don't think he ever wanted for much as a kid.

I'd wanted my plate for ages, mine was given to me as a 21st present as I'd asked for something I could keep.

Fair enough... I'm sure you'd agree a personalised plate would look daft on my "shed" wink
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 1:26pm
Anyone know what a reg ending XXX will fetch, cba with valuation sites and having to dig out V5's ?
Posted By: AlexB Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 1:40pm
Looks like between £3-500 I'd have thought. Well that's the prices they're listed at.
Posted By: hoseman Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 8:52pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Hi Hoseman. I was looking on dvla website you can have any of these for £815 HOS3 AAA HOS3 AAY HOS3 ACE HOS3 ACT HOS3 ADD HOS3 AGE HOS3 AGO HOSE AHA HOSE ALL HOS3 ANY HOS3 APE HOS3 ARK HOS3 ART HOS3 ASK HOS3 AVE. I know you had your eye on HOS3 RHS .Dvla won`t allow you to have that plate because your reg isn`t 03 .If you bought the plate anyway and register it in your name it will only cost you £25 a year to keep it untill you get your self a later model van.I know because i`ve just done it on 11 plate ,which i can`t get just yet but i`ve got the plate i want for then June

I can get it if i want as one of my employees vans is a 53 plate and im getting a new Iveco next year. The RHS is my companies initials!
RAPID HYDRAULIC SERVICES
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: personal plate - 21st Sep 2011 9:34pm
Hi Hoseman ,That`s good hope you get it then June
© Wirral-Wikiwirral