Forums
Posted By: PAZ September Speeding Clampdown - 6th Sep 2005 4:48pm
On my way for a game of golf earlier today i came from B&Q roundabout heading towards new brighton..

Just as the dual carraigeway goes to a 30 zone, on the bend, i was caught out by 2 policemen on a portable speed camera on a tripod..

Pulled me over and asked how fast i was goin etc, anyway got me out of the car and showed me how the camera works and my registered speed.

51 MPH

So he said they have got a lot on that bend its not easy to slow down, but he still gave me a fixed penalty..

He said today is the start of a huge clamp down, as we will see on granada tonight( As he said)

So a little warning for everybody keep your eyes out, i was caught on a blind bend, they are well hidden...

Last month all my nine points came off...

I now have six again gutted....

End of rant...
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 6th Sep 2005 11:27pm
Six points for speeding ??

Thanks for the info matey, much appreciated happy
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 7th Sep 2005 7:16am
Yeah, six points for more than 20 over the limit. Amazed I managed to walk away with just a producer after being caught at 56 in a 30 a couple of months back! Unlucky mate, thanks for the warning.
Posted By: Punto_Sean Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 7th Sep 2005 6:18pm
I was passing through there today and luckily I read this, I was doing 30 just before the 30 zone happy , then seen, like you said, two officers thumbsdown
Posted By: PAZ Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 7th Sep 2005 9:20pm
GUTTED.....

Yeah jay i got three points for doin 100 on the motorway way back in january only just gone through last week...

So six as of yesturday...

BUT...

Today i arrived home to a ticket from a speed camera doin 45 in a 30!!!!

For all to know its the camera outside the Grange pub in Moreton it IS working and has been turned round first time in two years, gutted i tested it but it works..

Yeah nine points again....

God damn...
Posted By: Mark Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 7th Sep 2005 10:43pm
How unlucky,

Sounds like the "Speed Man" has it in for you..

Hope you havent zoooomed past the grange on your way too work in between
recieving the New Ticket..

Unlucky Mate

Very Unlucky...
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 7th Sep 2005 11:33pm
Why take the chance of sppeding through a speed camera, thinking its not working.........

Foolish matey, its simply not worth the gamble. Like playing russian roulette with your licence.

Thanks for the info as hopefully will benefit from your knowledge, it would be good to think some could come from all this bad your having mate.

p.s. Gutted for you, insurance wont be good upon re-newal smack
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 8th Sep 2005 7:08am
Ouch, gutted for ya mate smack
Posted By: stubbzy Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 8th Sep 2005 8:38am
Sorry to hear that Paz but thanks for the warning as i'm around that way all the time.
Posted By: Matty GTI Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 8th Sep 2005 9:55pm
Gutted bout ur fine mate, but im in the same boat, i got flashed by a camera in rhyl the other week, got caught doin 35mph in a 30 zone and recieved a £60 fine, im well gutted, also looks like im goin 2 recieve 3 points on my licence aswell frown frown
Posted By: evo ad Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 12th Sep 2005 9:14am
There were 2 laser guns in use last week in Bebington Road and also by the Wiend in Bebington.

I think they should also be target the people who sit in the 2nd/3rd lane on the motorway/dual carriageway doing 50-60mph, not overtaking any cars for miles and basically LANE HOGGING mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 12th Sep 2005 9:31am
I seen a bizzy on a bike with a speed gun by lever causeway (spelling) targeting people coming from prenton way, he'd of caught and gary if he hadn't of been letting a little kid have a go of his speed gun laugh

It was dark as well so there was no way of spotting him with him being so far ahead in the distance mad
Posted By: Rocco Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 12th Sep 2005 1:04pm
Really sorry to hear about suck bad luck Paz no

I think its time for some of us to invest in the Road Angel 2 - for a one off cost it is piece of mind for your license and pocket... think
Posted By: Sanchez Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 13th Sep 2005 12:28am
absolut ********s the lot of them, i ve been workin in liverpool a lot lately, and the other day i clocked to pigs hiding in the trees on a middle island thing with a cam, that was in the mornin and they had pulled some one, on the way home same again, some one had been pulled over, so i recon this was a constant pulling thing, there fore on average 60 pound fine, one car every ten minutes, 360 and hour, 360 times an 8 hour shift, so thats £2880 subtract a further 360 as those little piggys need to have lunch, so its a grand total of £2520.

now thats just one little road in liverpool, can you imagine the sheer amount of money these ******* must raise, where does it all go, ill tell you, on land rover vogues so the fat pigs can fit in cars comFATably. pricks, thats all im saying. pigs.
Posted By: Gary Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 13th Sep 2005 11:14am
to be fair they are only doing their job. *hides for cover*

i remember i was coming home from bhead towards tesco roundabout in bidston and in a 30 i was doing about 60ish, and flew past a plod car. he just pulled me over and had a word about hitting drunk people (as 3am on satday night) and how much itd wreck my car. so he was fair and he said he couldnt be arsed with the paperwork! smile
but i know some that would of well and truly shafted me for doing it!

adam, i went white after seeing him on his bike especially after weve just overtook someone! a big thanks to the little kids that were there, nie one lads! smile smile smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 15th Sep 2005 6:23pm
no way, pazzel brush, just seen thenm trotter in the same place last night where you got pulled, sneeky ***** or what
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 15th Sep 2005 6:40pm
The coppers who hide and jump out on you with a trigger happy finger are ********s through and through.

If they are clearly visable and hi-visability then fair do's and they are also showing a presence to warn drivers against speeding.

To sum it up, sneaky coppers are shits, if they give you a fighting chance then fair doo's
Posted By: Sanchez Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 15th Sep 2005 8:05pm
100% aggree with you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Sep 2005 5:40am
i must admit, it is dangerous to drive over the speed limits. a lot of accidents can be avioded if people dont go over the limit. at night though, i wouldnt say it is too bad to go 35 in a 30 zone or 45 in a 40, as there are not many people on the roads...espeically late (1am!!) when we are on our way back from gadgets!

i dont like the way they hide away either but if you are going over the speed limits, you are breaking the law, and thats they way they see it.

i have been stopped for speeding and i have been VERY VERY LUCKY. i dont want points....ever. least of all not now, when i haven't had my car long frown

just watch out everyone, as there are a lot more coppers out there than usual this month...must be clamping down on speeding pc (and rightly so - in the RIGHT places!)
Posted By: scoop Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Sep 2005 11:08am
they are *******s,some can be great,but the ones that hide are just after the money as scooby and stuy have sed. They shouyld make them selves obvious and this will slow the cars down, hiding means they enter said roundabout too fast,what if a car crashed as the cops where hiding due to speed. That could be avoided if the police where visable as the car would tootle round it instead of drifting lol
Posted By: hales85 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 17th Sep 2005 3:15pm
if anyone has seen This months fast ford then in side is an advertisment for a book wrte by a ex traffic warden, in the book he reaveals many secrets of how to avoid paying your speeding fines and recieving the points along with ways of getting parking tickets trown away. i know it sounds to good to be true but it alos said that it carried a full 60 day no questions asked money back garentee im thinkin mite be worth a look
Posted By: hales85 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 17th Sep 2005 3:17pm
o forgot to say i cant find my mag for all the details
Posted By: Gary Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 17th Sep 2005 3:57pm
ive seen that advertised on ebay and fhm etc. buy it and then tell us all if its worth it
Posted By: lawton Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 17th Sep 2005 4:11pm
Originally posted by hales85:
o forgot to say i cant find my mag for all the details
iam sure someone like scoop or dazza has got this months fast ford, ask them if they have got it and get the details off them
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 18th Sep 2005 1:50am
This could be the book i bought a while back, not needed it yet but looks quite helpful. It basically exploits all the loopholes in the law. Don't use them at the roadside though coz if you get cocky with a copper they'll try and find something else to do you for.

One good one to try (only if you're certain your car is 100% legal) is to ask to see their cars daily check certificates - which have to be signed and dated for that day. Every police car has to have a sort of test at the beginning of every day to check everything is working properly, most of the time the police don't bother coz it takes too long, but they can't charge you with speeding if the only proof they have is what their clock said, if their car didn't have it's daily check.
Posted By: Gary Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 18th Sep 2005 10:14am
i got off with doing 60 in a 30 by a copper, 2 plod in the car but no other evidence (dun oif i would of got away anyway) but his headlight was out, so i ASSUME nothing could of happend anyway?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 19th Sep 2005 7:30am
Na, couldn't have done you for speeding as they had a fault with their car and wouldn't have been able to get legit' proof of your speed, but could've done you for tax, tyres, etc etc
Posted By: AX_125 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 19th Sep 2005 1:32pm
I have family members quite high in the police who say some of these myths (above) are bullshit, a police officer with a faulty police car can charge you. If you wish to report their police car take the drivers number (from his shoulder) and the vehicle details and report it to the police station.

A police officer not wearing his hat can charge you, how do CID arrest people.

A Focus police car can charge you with speeding weather the officer is on his own or with someone, they don't need the speedos to be modified.

None of the police cars are "modified" to make them faster.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 19th Sep 2005 3:24pm
Originally posted by AX_125:

None of the police cars are "modified" to make them faster.
Sounds like you're the one being fed bullshit mate, I know someone with an ex-police astra, the police being the previous owners. It has a turbo under the bonnet and is registered as a non-turbo on the log-book smack work that one out!
Posted By: AX_125 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 19th Sep 2005 4:24pm
Why would police need to modify a car?

Wouldn't they just buy a fast one in the first place?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 19th Sep 2005 5:47pm
lol, woulda thought so, maybe to create a sleeper effect?
Posted By: maverick Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 21st Sep 2005 11:10pm
This topic is about speed clamp-down, Not about police cars, start topic in cars chit chat... smile

Click Here....... .
Posted By: Meesh Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 5th Oct 2005 7:59pm
I've seen some sitting off in a bus stop before, then just swaggering out holding the gun

smug f**ks
Posted By: Paul R Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 6th Oct 2005 2:01pm
The everywhere on me way home from work (Northwich)

This morning they were in E/port and chester ways, on every corner. (or were they just following me) raftl
Posted By: stueyratboy Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 10th Oct 2005 12:37pm
Originally posted by sanchez:
absolut ********s the lot of them, i ve been workin in liverpool a lot lately, and the other day i clocked to pigs hiding in the trees on a middle island thing with a cam, that was in the mornin and they had pulled some one, on the way home same again, some one had been pulled over, so i recon this was a constant pulling thing, there fore on average 60 pound fine, one car every ten minutes, 360 and hour, 360 times an 8 hour shift, so thats £2880 subtract a further 360 as those little piggys need to have lunch, so its a grand total of £2520.

now thats just one little road in liverpool, can you imagine the sheer amount of money these ******* must raise, where does it all go, ill tell you, on land rover vogues so the fat pigs can fit in cars comFATably. pricks, thats all im saying. pigs.
See, I cant help but think that thats a little bit harsh. Whos the first people you call when you get your car nicked? Or get mugged? Or get your house broken into? Or some muppet rear-ends you. The Police.

Theyre just doing their job, and yeah I know they can be dead sneaky about it, but thats cos your average speeder is very aware of where they sit and how they catch us out.

At the end of the day, if you dont want points = dont speed. And I just got 3 points for doing 40 in a 30 zone too, so believe me I can feel your pain smile

I know sometimes coppers pull you over and theyre complete asshats, but then again if you kept seeing people totally ****ed up in a TA after speeding like a nutter, I'm sure you'd get a little bit irate with them too yeah?

Just my two cents man, hope I didnt cause offence
Posted By: scoop Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 11th Oct 2005 10:25pm
After the first 2 paragraphs i was thinkin
"i smell bacon"

But then i thought
"No"

Now im thinkin
"This guys got his head screwed on"

IMO it all depends on the situation. If your the only car on the M6 at 3 in the mornin doin 90 they shouldnt do you as your causing no harm

However if your doin 45 past a school in a 20 zone you should be banned no question as that is how kids get hit.if your doin 20 a kid could run out infront of you and chances are you wont hit him/her.At 45 your foot wouldnt even be on the brake
Posted By: Robbo Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 1:25am
i was cumin back from liverpool tonight in the tunnel an was doing over 80 a unmarked police car pulled me at the toll, toldme to get out ov my car an told me i was doing 83mph in the tunnel,but he said lucky for me he didnt have his camera running at the time.
i was lucky this time!
people watch out in the tunnel
Posted By: Wheels Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 1:04pm
I went to maplin today and got a INFORAD gps speed camera locator for 79.99. i was gonna get the snooper but in march next year there are not legal,or anything that detects a laser from a speed cam or gun for that matter. I was told that if police find you using one its up to a 5k fine! eek . you can still use a GPS based one tho as it only plots the cameras position and does not read anything off of the camera itself.

have a gander

http://www.inforadgps.com

happy
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 3:01pm
Originally posted by whelan:
i was gonna get the snooper but in march next year there are not legal,or anything that detects a laser from a speed cam or gun for that matter. I was told that if police find you using one its up to a 5k fine! eek
What a load of Bollix smack

Road Angel Have the lazer detector built into them for front and rear detection of radar guns and G.P.S. and they are 100% Legal to own and use....
Posted By: Wheels Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 4:08pm
Im just going off what the salesman in maplin said! i was gonna get the more expensive snooper but after what he said i chose the cheaper inforad, I dont know why he would make me buy the cheaper one without there being good reason!
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 4:28pm
Probably coz he will make more commision of less known brands doh
Posted By: Wheels Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 16th Oct 2005 4:36pm
At the moment the government are debating making radar detectors illegal, something they have been considering since 1998 when they were proved not to be illegal under the 1949 Wireless & Telegraph Communications Act. It has taken 6 years for them to get around to discussing it in the House of Commons as part of an up and coming Road Safety Bill, and providing it passes all readings in the various Houses, and assuming that a general election does not get in the way, then it may become law later this year.

We understand that this proposal is aimed at radar detectors and laser jammers, not GPS based units. The difference is that the GPS devices are a collection of data already in the public domain. They want people to know where the cameras are, which is why they are painted yellow and locations are published on police and local council websites for all to see. The cameras are at designated dangerous sites, and this is what the GPS devices alert you to. It is the fact that radar detectors can tell you whether some cameras are active or not that is the difference the Government wants to outlaw.

At the moment these products are legal to sell, buy, own and use. Any change to this situation is currently just speculation and no specifics have been confirmed or date set. There is likely, in any case, to be a time delay - they would not be outlawed immediately, so there would be time for people to make use of their detectors before any ban is implemented. As you may have noticed these types of product are still widely available.

http://www.radardetectors.co.uk/radar_detector_law.htm
Posted By: Scooby Re: September Speeding Clampdown - 20th Oct 2005 12:44am
I have an idea, just do this and you will avoid speeding tickets think

Click here to see how you avoid getting caught by a speed camera (Must see).......

Who needs radar detectors, just a TVR raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral