Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 N.Wales police quota - 20th Jul 2005 1:11am
Just a warning to say that if the n.wales traffic police pull you over it's unlikely you'll be able to talk them out of a ticket. Read in the paper that they now (or will very soon) have to meet a monthly quota. This is how it works:

-Each traffic officer must earn a minimum of 200 points every month or the future of their career will be reviewed.
-Arresting a drunk driver is worth 50 points
-Arresting a dangerous driver is worth 30 points
-Handing out 6 points earns the copper 10 points
-Handing out 3 points earns them 5 points
Posted By: Gary Re: N.Wales police quota - 20th Jul 2005 4:17pm
yeah ive heard that sumwhere before aswel
Posted By: saz2004 Re: N.Wales police quota - 20th Jul 2005 4:55pm
i havent heard this but i know police round ere r really strict!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: N.Wales police quota - 20th Jul 2005 6:15pm
They've always had to meet a quota, it's part of their appraisal. From what I saw more and more red tape is taking up far too much police time to be introducing silly little things like points systems, and they're pretty old fashioned. The chief constable is also old fashioned and don't reckon this would be implemented, even in the future. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: N.Wales police quota - 22nd Jul 2005 3:06pm
i think this jus makes them go for easy targets like young drivers they shud be getting criminals 2 make there points an very anti pig at the mo
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: N.Wales police quota - 22nd Aug 2005 6:54pm
Originally posted by jimbo4x4:
Just a warning to say that if the n.wales traffic police pull you over it's unlikely you'll be able to talk them out of a ticket. Read in the paper that they now (or will very soon) have to meet a monthly quota. This is how it works:

-Each traffic officer must earn a minimum of 200 points every month or the future of their career will be reviewed.
-Arresting a drunk driver is worth 50 points
-Arresting a dangerous driver is worth 30 points
-Handing out 6 points earns the copper 10 points
-Handing out 3 points earns them 5 points
heres 1 better get this
10 points a rapist/pedophile I REST MY CASE!!!!!u lot no my thoughts!!!!!! thumbsdown mad mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral