Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Mobile phone - 11th Oct 2012 11:33am
I sent a phone to samsung for repair, under warranty, over a month ago, today i get a phone call telling me they can not get the parts it needs to repair it, but they have offered me another phone, different model.

But i am not happy with the model they offered me, I told them this, and also told them, i dont mind waiting a bit longer to see if they can fix my other one i sent them.

Where do i stand on this, I do not want to except there offer.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile phone - 11th Oct 2012 11:42am
As the phone is under warranty you are entitled to either a repair or replacement, within a reasonable time. If they are saying that the parts are no longer available or that stock is not due in for some time then they can, and have, offered to replace the item with one of equal or greater value.
As this is not a direct swap (like for like) you are within your right to reject their offer, and, if you wish, allow them additional time (the duration of which you should agree to beforehand) to allow them to attempt the repair. This does not affect you statutory rights and if an effective repair cannot be completed and you do no accept the replacement then you are entitled to a refund.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 11th Oct 2012 11:56am
I no longer have receipt for this phone, so refund is out question.

I would rather have my own phone fixed even if this takes time. They could offer me the S3, and i would still decline.

The phone i sent off was a samsung wave s8500, the phone they have offered me is http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/android/GT-S7500ABABTU

Am waiting on phonecall from them, so i will see what they have to say.
Posted By: shenniko Re: Mobile phone - 11th Oct 2012 2:39pm
I wouldnt exactly say that was an upgrade..

http://www.esato.com/phones/compare.php?phone=603&cp=888

What they are offering has:
A smaller display resolution
Smaller Internal Memory
Doesnt support Java (web browsing)
shorter Battery life..

Use the above website to compare your phone with anything they offer you, make sure you actually getting an upgrade.. And if you get something better for free.. Bonus! laugh

Robbie
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 16th Oct 2012 8:48am
Here is a replie I just got from Samsung

Unfortunately I have confirmed with our engineer Dean that the original phone is unrepairable as requires a new PCB board which essentially means a new phone is the best option. I am really sorry to give you this news as I understand that the item was a present.

Would you like to go ahead with exchange for GT-S5830 GALAXY ACE ?

Please let me know as soon as possible.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mobile phone - 16th Oct 2012 7:53pm
Something smells wrong there.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 16th Oct 2012 9:52pm
I have declined there offer of exchange for that phone, they phoned me and said they will go speak to someone and get back to me, in the morning.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 7:55am
just received phonecall, I have excepted there offer, as they where just going to send my original phone back.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 8:08am
they are full of it, ask for your old phone back too, so you buy a nice new phone, it breaks down so you send it for repair under warranty and they say it cannot be fixed and offer you an older phone?

they are having you off mate, go down the shop and demand some answers or to see someone in charge and not some spotty geek whos not long left school!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 8:11am
Cant go to shop ste, am dealing with samsung direct
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 8:19am
bummer thumbsdown
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 8:19am
Your right ste, i have just sent an email to the execoffice at samsung.

I have done some research and some thinking, and I am not prepered to except this exchange.

The galaxy ace, is not an upgrade on samsung wave s8500, the specs where high on s8500, and the specs on galaxy ace are no where near what they are on s8500 wave.

You think you can have me over on this, because i can not return it to place of purchase, as it was bought for me by my brother a few weeks before he passed away.

I am not prepered to except a lesser quality phone.

I dont know how you can sit there and say the ace is an upgrade on the s8500, as if you go to your web site and compare the specs you will see its not an upgrade as the specs are appaling compared to the s8500.
Posted By: rocks Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 8:32am
good luck with this BC its more of a pain when you cant sort things out face to face with them
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 9:30am
Good luck mate happy
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 17th Oct 2012 11:18am
They phoned me again, was on phone for 20mins, they have now said they can repair phone, but will have to install the original software that was on phone when it was new, i.e T-mobile firmware, and will be locked to t-mobile, this i dont mind as i can unlock it no problem, and debrand it.

Just glad to be getting it back, as its a bloody good phone.

They have allready sent the ace out, and just said when i get it to phone them and they will send me a bag to send it back in, raftl

Oh and they have lost my battery that was in my phone, but they said as a gesture of goodwill they will give me a new one, (i should bloody well think so as well, as they lost it)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Mobile phone - 20th Oct 2012 7:37am
That's great news mate happy

Funny how they could fix the phone in the end after saying it was Not repairable though.

clap
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Mobile phone - 20th Oct 2012 9:54am
That was hard work Burger - should not be so!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Mobile phone - 25th Oct 2012 8:46pm
I am yet to receive phone back, it shows up as repaired.
I will need to get it debranded and unlocked.

As they have put t-mobile firmware back on it and locked to t-mobile.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral