Forums
Posted By: Wheels Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 11:47am
Ok guys I got a parking charge notice back in 09/07/12 and they have just got back to me (almost 11weeks) saying that the charge stands.

it was issued for: (Code01) "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

However I am a blue badge user so I AM allowed to park there.

now the only thing I did do wrong was to have my wheels on the kerb (as it was a tight road in liverpool and thats what everyone else had done) (See pic)

so now they are telling me that THIS is the reason for the PCN. BUT I was issued a ticket for "parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours". So is that right? is it allowed?

They go on saying that they also got my response after their 14day 50% discount period. (this is also incorrect as I have the confirmation email dated the 20th)

Tbh I didn't know that I couldnt have my wheels on the kerb (my fault for not knowing blush ) but thats how everyone in my street parks so I am use to it. ignorance is no excuse.

so has this been ussied correctly as they said I will have to go to a tribunal.

PIC: mine is the black car 3rd up
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jemarc Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 11:55am
surely if they issue you a ticket for one offence and you dispute it they cant then say the ticket is for another offence. obviously the parking warden needs retraining as they have wrote the wrong offence on the ticket, im sure its illegal for them to do this.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 12:17pm
What street was it, and what were the restrictions.

As for parking on the pavement, I really hate that. Do drivers not think about people in wheelchairs or with prams? There are some real ignornant morons on Reedville and Cearns Road, Oxton.

Although in your case I can't see the problem because it looks too narrow to be used.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 2:04pm
IMo you are perfectly within your right to fight it, the charge on teh ticket isnt the charge they say.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 5:46pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
What street was it, and what were the restrictions.

As for parking on the pavement, I really hate that. Do drivers not think about people in wheelchairs or with prams? There are some real ignornant morons on Reedville and Cearns Road, Oxton.

Although in your case I can't see the problem because it looks too narrow to be used.

as long as thewre is space to get the said items past, whats the problem
Posted By: mrefc Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 5th Oct 2012 7:30pm
go to pepipoo.com and the forums. they'll help you out
also if you are in the AA or RAC they have legal depts that will help members, sounds like you have been unjustly treated.
Posted By: peodude Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 6th Oct 2012 4:48pm
Yup, worth fighting, bare in mind that the council will usually reject appeals, knowing that a lot will just pay up. You will probably need to go all the way to PATAS.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued correct? - 8th Oct 2012 11:21am
Originally Posted by dave_h
as long as thewre is space to get the said items past, whats the problem

There isn't any space, that's the problem. Why should people have to walk on the road just because some moron wants to park outside their house?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral