Forums
Posted By: kensden TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 11th May 2012 2:56pm
hi all just wanted to know if anyone can help on this my mum bought a 47 lcd bird tv in 2009 and finnished paying for it in march this year so she took out extended policy in case it breaks down so the tv got a problem with black marks on the screen so she got them to come and pick it up for repair 18 days ago so she rang this morning and got told the tv is out off date and cant get parts for it but they where taken the money off her for the extended policy which they now say u cant get the money back since the e/policy is no good and they want there tv back which they lent my mum and bring mums tv back which will be monday so what i want to know is why do these fucks take my mums money knowing the tv is too old for repairs if u know what i mean so has anyone else had this problem b4 thanks for reading
Nothing like that surprises me about those grubby little parasites, brighthouse. Sorry to hear your mum got ripped off. Their reputation is mud.
Posted By: bushnut Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 12th May 2012 5:28pm
Speak to / visit website: 08454 04 05 06 / http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice/consumer_service.htm
Posted By: rossie Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 15th May 2012 5:34pm
Agree speak to CAB but it will be in small print on agreement.
They are wicked people it needs watchdog to expose.
i'd rather do without than buy from them.
write to watchdog / local paper etc

name and shame
Posted By: kensden Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 16th May 2012 8:54am
well upto now they still not got back to my mum and been 3 weeks they have had the tv mums going to see someone now and sue them
Posted By: j_demo Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 16th May 2012 10:55am
Originally Posted by kensden
well upto now they still not got back to my mum and been 3 weeks they have had the tv mums going to see someone now and sue them

that's going a bit far.

there'll be something in the smallprint.

and besides, why buy from brighthouse??? you're paying £800 or whatever it is for a £200 TV

ridiculous place!
Posted By: dave_h Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 17th May 2012 7:58am
when they come to collect it tell em to fook off
Posted By: rossie Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 17th May 2012 9:52am
Sadly you cannot tell them to f.... off.
The television in the house at present does not belong to your mum and knowing Brighthouse they could very well call in the police and have your mum charged with theft or something. I know it is crazy but you are dealing with people who exploit the law to maximum.
Dig out a copy of the paper work and take it to cab or a friendly local solicitor. These agreements normally state that if they are unable to fix they will refund the premiums from a certain date
Posted By: TheDr Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 17th May 2012 10:51am
Try giving BrightHouse head office a ring.
Don't use the 0800 number, it's an outsourced call centre.
01189 466000 is the REAL Head Office number.
Posted By: dave_h Re: TV Extended policy in case it breaks down - 18th May 2012 9:36am
Originally Posted by rossie
Sadly you cannot tell them to f.... off.
The television in the house at present does not belong to your mum and knowing Brighthouse they could very well call in the police and have your mum charged with theft or something. I know it is crazy but you are dealing with people who exploit the law to maximum.
Dig out a copy of the paper work and take it to cab or a friendly local solicitor. These agreements normally state that if they are unable to fix they will refund the premiums from a certain date

you could always open the door and just stare at them, not react to a word they say, blame it on a migrane hahaha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral