Forums
Posted By: Neil_c neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:08pm
Does anybody have any experience of dealing with the Council or taking legal action against nuisance dog barking from their neighbours?

Are there any experiences worth sharing or advice for dealing with such a problem?

Thanks.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:14pm
Firstly, have you confronted next door about the dog barking!
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:22pm
Aye. But the problem is whenever they let them out in the garden, they bark. The only way of stopping them barking would be for them to keep them inside permanently. I believe the problems stems from the fact they are never walked outside or exercised properly.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:22pm
Wirral Community Patrol 0151 666 5265 they should help
Posted By: Tombraider Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:30pm
I had a problem like that once i confronted them that there dog is disturbing us with the nonstop barking all the time.
They didnt listen so i called the council.
They adviced me to put a note through there door and say that if nothing is done about the constant barking of there dog , it would be taken further.
maybe you should call the above tel number and speak to them first.
And it depends on next door on how they react when you talk to them.
As they may become hostile!
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 7:57pm
It's pretty crap to live next door to it, they wake you up in the morning, stop you having early night's sleep and thinking of an afternoon nap...forget it! I guess that nobody wants to have to fall out with their neighbour, but when their behavior impacts on your life, you've got to do something about it.

I'll contact the Council in the new year and see what they can do.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 8:00pm
Good luck Neil..
Keep us all updated on wiki
You have a nice new year!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 8:29pm
Would muzzles help?

Posted By: buddy Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 8:44pm
Some years ago I had the same problem - every time the dog was let out into the garden it started to bark - it barked that much I don't know how it ate!!

Solution:- 2lb hammer and piece of wood, place wood against adjoining lounge wall and hammer until they take the dog in.

Very sad I know but it worked for me - talking to the a**eholes didn't work
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 8:54pm
unfortunately the houses don't join. I was considering going out and starting my chainsaw but it would upset the other neighbours too.

Has anyone tried one of those electronic anti-bark devices? I was considering recording the barking and playing it back all times of the day and night! or failing that broadcasting BBC Wales for all to hear.
Posted By: reddragon Re: neighbour's dog barking - 31st Dec 2011 10:11pm
we tried the anti bark collar on our gsd didnt work
Posted By: kenny_james Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 1:53am
we had the same problem the wirral community patrol are useless as when we phoned them up they said they could'nt do anything and told us to phone the rspca, we pointed out to them that it was 1am in the morning and they expected us to wait until 9am to phone the rspca. all you get from the people that are suppose to help you is "you will have to keep a log of the incidents for at least 6 weeks" just another way of saying go away we dont want to know, the only remedy to cure the vermon that ruins your life is to sort it out yourself!, hope this helps as we have several years experience regarding this sort of moron who owns a dog but doesnt want to look after it properly.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 6:01am
Originally Posted by Neil_c
unfortunately the houses don't join. I was considering going out and starting my chainsaw but it would upset the other neighbours too.

Has anyone tried one of those electronic anti-bark devices? I was considering recording the barking and playing it back all times of the day and night! or failing that broadcasting BBC Wales for all to hear.

Hmm sounds a bit expensive that bit of kit Neil matey,

Just grab the Dog and Plonk him in your Garden` then lets see how they like it! wink
Posted By: Tatey Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 6:43am
I suggest a 12 bore!
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 8:11am
A rasher of bacon with a treat of your choice inside. I know how you feel.
Posted By: bert1 Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 8:35am
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/NoiseNuisanceAndLitter/DG_10029682
Posted By: Salmon Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 9:40am

Some interesting info here

http://www.toybreeds.com/dog_barking.htm
Posted By: shar215 Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 5:11pm
i had the same problem last year ..i phoned the anti-social behaviour team . a barking dog is classed as anti social .. they send you a diary out and you fill it in ever time the dog starts barking . it is a pain to fill in but it is the only thing you can do .
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 7:44pm
What did the Council do when you sent your diary back? Where they responsive?

I've read that it could be in your interests to declare a neighbour dispute such as this when you sell your house.

I don't think it would affect the sale too much, particularly if some time has ellapsed between the complaint and the intended sale.
Posted By: bitch Re: neighbour's dog barking - 1st Jan 2012 7:59pm
hi neil what street are they in if you dont mind me asking and what area what breed of dog is it
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 7th Jan 2012 11:13am
spoke to the council; they were helpful. Said that they'd had other complaints in the street too (which naturally they can't discuss).

He said that he'd contact them again, particularly due to the very late times that it happens.

He said they'd install recording equipment if it did not cease after his next contact.

Due to the problem occuring in the garden (which my house overlooks) it's easier to get video evidence which will stand up better in court. This is because they can't say (like with a sound only recording) it is not their dogs (if you can see the mouths move on video at the same time that they bark).

The guy from the Council said that the problem is solely the neighbours and is due to a lack of training by the owners.

Will see what happens from here.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: neighbour's dog barking - 7th Jan 2012 12:55pm
should have ther dogs voice box removed, simple solution
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: neighbour's dog barking - 7th Jan 2012 4:43pm
Nothing worse than a dog that barks all the time,had the same problem quite a few years back
Posted By: Neil_c Re: neighbour's dog barking - 7th Jan 2012 5:33pm
unfortunately de-barking of dogs is now illegal in the uk (as with cat declawing). To be honest, it doesn't really get to the source of the problem (but would no doubt help in letting neighbours get a good night's sleep!)
Posted By: kevinhit Re: neighbour's dog barking - 7th Jan 2012 6:20pm
Hi Neil, just to let you know, we had the same problem of a neighbours nuisance dog barking, we put up with it but in the end I went and said something. They were quite good and found something on the internet. Its a collar with a harmless spray (citronella), and when dog barks the collar will release a spray, its like a lemon scent. Its totally harmless but it actually works. Hardly hear this dog now. You have to keep topped up with the citronella though and it is available in a refill. These people said their house smells lovely now aswell!
Posted By: Edna_ Re: neighbour's dog barking - 8th Jan 2012 2:21pm
What a great idea, a spray of air freshener when the dog barks.
Posted By: hoseman Re: neighbour's dog barking - 8th Jan 2012 5:19pm
Get one of these dogs, called a BASENJI, cannot bark!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basenji
Posted By: starakita Re: neighbour's dog barking - 8th Jan 2012 5:25pm
akitas are another good dog, they don't bark much only when they need to and its not constant either
Posted By: bitch Re: neighbour's dog barking - 15th Mar 2012 10:46pm
What type dogs are they
Posted By: Tranquil Re: neighbour's dog barking - 19th Mar 2012 5:24pm
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with a neigbours dog, infact being a dog owner youd think i wouldnt care too much to what you think, but its one of the worst sounds ever hearing a dog bark constantly! our dog barked everythime she went into the garden, she will sit there and get ready to run out meaning she always got out before me, now i make her sit down and wait untill im out there first, its seems to have calmed the barking down a lot, she just lets out a few grumbles now, i actually think she is in protection mode, either that or she can smell cats which she isnt too fond of, she gets plenty of excercise as she should being a Border Collie so im not sure with her it was due to lack of.. hope you get it sorted soon..

Mark
© Wirral-Wikiwirral