Forums
Posted By: Clive Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 6:52am
I ordered an item that was out of stock on Amazon, as it was due in stock in next few days.

Received email last night saying it has now been dispatched, The original price when i ordered it was £139.77, nut now price of item has gone up to £173.00, and they have charged me £173.00, are they allowed to do this.

On the original order confirmation email they sent me when i placed order, it had £139.77, but now it says i have been charged £173.00, where do i stand on this.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:19am
A couple of months ago I ordered a software disc from Amazon. The next morning I had an e mail saying that my order was cancelled and if I was still interested then I should search for the item again. I searched, item came up, same supplier, higher price.
I contacted the supplier and said that I had ordered in good faith and wasn't happy.
The supplier asked me to make contact with them through their website and they would let me have the software at the original price. They still let me use paypal so I was safe from that point of view.
Because my order had been cancelled I couldn't rate it but if yours has been dispatched then you have that option
Yes complain to the supplier without a doubt but be calm and polite. If you don't get anywhere with that then go to Amazon
Good Luck
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:26am
No they can't do that. They should advised you of any changes and gave you opption of a refund or paying the difference.However if you have paid for the product at the value of £139.77 then they have to sell you that product for that value. If you can find a phone number for them then call up and demand to speak with a manager, no if's or but's to the adviser... just demand a manager or send a email adding several different departments/people to it ie try and find a mangers email address.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:28am
Don't forget about the distant selling regulations, you have rights to refuse, contact them about it.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:40am
I have just spoke with them on the phone, they told me the item can not be cancelled as it has been dispatched.
However once received, I can then return item for refund.

This makes me feel a right Grrr now, as I ordered it for someone on here.

I will just have to wait and see if the buyer wants to pay the extra, or see if they want me to return it, and refund them.
Posted By: Chris990 Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:42am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

Yes complain to the supplier without a doubt but be calm and polite. If you don't get anywhere with that then go to Amazon
Good Luck

Far better advice than 'demanding a manager'
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:50am
Assholes willo, good luck bud.
Posted By: Edz1980 Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 8:53am
Yeah but they haven't got what they wanted now when they called. You can still be calm when demanding a manager. I've just finished working for 4yrs as a complaints manager and it does help speaking to a manager.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 10:30am
If you've paid by credit/debit card, the overcharge is unlawful. As you have proof of original selling price compared to what the card was charged, you should be able to get the bank to "clawback" the difference.

Trading standards would probably be interested in hearing from you too.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 1:37pm
I wont be leaving it, I am going to send email to trading standards, and see what they say about it.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 1:58pm
I've had this happen to me once before where I ordered something from a marketplace seller (like you have - you've ordered through amazon, not from amazon) and the price went up in the same way. I contacted Amazon and they told me they would refund me the difference themselves, since I paid by Amazon Mastercard.

Also, they never cancel dispatched items. Never have. So there's nothing unusual about that bit.
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 2:14pm
it's a poo service from them, I'd let Amazon know what happened
Posted By: Clive Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 2:17pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
I've had this happen to me once before where I ordered something from a marketplace seller (like you have - you've ordered through amazon, not from amazon) and the price went up in the same way. I contacted Amazon and they told me they would refund me the difference themselves, since I paid by Amazon Mastercard.

Also, they never cancel dispatched items. Never have. So there's nothing unusual about that bit.
they have said, once i receive it, i can send it back, and they will refund me, but the buyer wants the item, so i will contact trading standards, and see what they can do, if i get refunded, i will just give the refund for the difference to the buyer.
Posted By: Clive Re: Amazon - 3rd Nov 2011 9:55pm
sorted now, I have been refunded the money they should not of took.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Amazon - 4th Nov 2011 7:44am
Originally Posted by Willo
nut now price of item has gone up to £173.00, and they have charged me £173.00, are they allowed to do this.

Short answer: no.

Posted By: rocks Re: Amazon - 4th Nov 2011 8:38am
Originally Posted by Willo
sorted now, I have been refunded the money they should not of took.

glad to hear it was sorted quick for you mate
© Wirral-Wikiwirral