Forums
Posted By: Clive Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 23rd Sep 2011 4:04pm
I took a phone in for repair to carphone warehouse on 10th september.
I enquired about it today, they say they have not got the phone, but yet i have receipt to say they do have it,
I have tried to phone up to make a complaint, i was told they would not put me through to any one to make a complaint, as there is no one in a higher postion than the idiots who answer the phones
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 23rd Sep 2011 4:12pm
Unbelievable,how do they explain the receipt?
Posted By: little_pob Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 23rd Sep 2011 4:15pm
Webpage for complaints:
http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view%28%29=c{7cb87850-d849-11de-e56d-000000000000}

For a written complaint try:
Carphone Warehouse Group PLC
1 Portal Way
London
W3 6RS

Address it to either Matt Stringer (Managing Director) or the Complaints Dept. I advise to send recorded signed for.
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 23rd Sep 2011 4:21pm
Thanks
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 4:33pm
Update:
I received a missspelt text on my mobile at 4am this morning telling me to go to carphone warehouse at 5am to collect my mobile. haha yea am i am going to do that, NOT.

Just received a phone call on my house phone from 01516775355 the girl said,
" are you the guy with phone in carphone warehouse," I said yes she said " your not getting it back, its karma and your going to get burnt" she then hung up.

I phoned bt, i was told by them this is a call box on Hoylake Road, Moreton.

I have spoke to carphone warehouse one of the managers, and she tells me the text I got is not from them.

I went to carphone warehouse shop in wallasey, they have no information about my phone on there computers, I asked how do they explain my receipt proving i gave it to them.

They then asked me to leave the shop.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 4:45pm
Go to police and tell them about your `theft` but try not to use words like `pricks, knobs and dickheads` when refering to the Car Phone Warehouse!!
Id go in on a major kickoff!!!
Bull in a china shop....try an outraged customer in a fone shop with a baseball bat!!!
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 4:55pm
I told them in shop, If I do not get my phone back, shop-due- closed- damged- to

But not in that order,

Am currently on phone now to carphone warehouse manager.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 5:08pm
How about a Wiki "meet" at the appropriate branch of Carphone Warehouse. We could all just be browsing around - but we all just happen to be behind Willo when he has the next conversation.

Snod
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 5:16pm
i have just been hold, they will replace it with the next model up, a refurbished nokia 3310,

Are the havin a laugh, I gave them a Samsung Wave S8500, its on receipt.
Its a bloody good job they werent in same room as me.

I emailed them a copy of receipt, they said they will phone me back in 30 mins.
Nokia 3310 went out with the dinsaurs, (excuse spelling)
Posted By: TheDr Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 5:48pm
Do they mean the Samsung S3310 ?
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 24th Sep 2011 5:59pm
Well they can jog on with that one, i want a samsung galaxy S2 as compo lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 26th Sep 2011 8:03pm
Any update? This is bizarre.
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 27th Sep 2011 6:51am
I received a phone call from manager, they have found my phone, and are sending it back to the shop un-repaired, they are unable to repair it, so the good doc said he can do it for me..
I wonder if the carphone warehouse wallasey shop will ask me to leave the shop again, i shall see when i go to collect it today
Posted By: detsi Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 27th Sep 2011 11:22am
They are an absolutely awful company. I had dealings with them once only to find that their customer service is a total disgrace.
They told me that my phone was beyond repair so I contacted the phone's manufacturer who repaired it free of charge. When I reported this to Carphone Warehouse I received no further contact. Weeks later they had the audacity to send me a survey to complete regarding my recent transactions. I was brutally honest with my complaints but I heard no more. Not a hint of an apology.
I would strongly advise anyone against giving this company their business.
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 27th Sep 2011 4:18pm
Got my phone back, and now when i switch phone on i get black screen with blue border, with yellow writing saying ( UPLOAD data to pc )
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 21st Oct 2011 4:27pm
I sent my phone back to vodafone to be repaired last week, i got text message today saying it has been repaired and is now ready for collection from vodafone shop, so of i go to shop, only to find out they do not have it, and it has been deleted from the system.

They said as they no longer do the samsungwave s8500, would i like to pick a phone i want, so i choose the samsung galaxy s2, they went all through the process of checking contents in the box, then they did something on pc, and said we have found your phone you can collect tomorrow afternoon.

Dam dam dam: I come so close to getting a galaxy s2.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 21st Oct 2011 5:29pm
Classic emotional roller coaster wink
Posted By: TheDr Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 21st Oct 2011 10:29pm
Maybe if it was completely fried again they might swap it for you laugh
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 22nd Oct 2011 10:17am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Maybe if it was completely fried again they might swap it for you laugh
they fixed it now
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 22nd Oct 2011 7:54pm
Your phone has been in the hands of some real incompetent people....Great story though, got to admit that i've used Carphone Warehouse a few times and never had a problem, this would make me think twice now.
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 22nd Oct 2011 8:01pm
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
Your phone has been in the hands of some real incompetent people....Great story though, got to admit that i've used Carphone Warehouse a few times and never had a problem, this would make me think twice now.
i did fry it tho hehe, even the doc said i had goosed it good style.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 11th Nov 2011 12:13pm
Originally Posted by Willo
Update:
I received a missspelt text on my mobile at 4am this morning telling me to go to carphone warehouse at 5am to collect my mobile. haha yea am i am going to do that, NOT.

Just received a phone call on my house phone from 01516775355 the girl said,
" are you the guy with phone in carphone warehouse," I said yes she said " your not getting it back, its karma and your going to get burnt" she then hung up.

I phoned bt, i was told by them this is a call box on Hoylake Road, Moreton.

I have spoke to carphone warehouse one of the managers, and she tells me the text I got is not from them.

I went to carphone warehouse shop in wallasey, they have no information about my phone on there computers, I asked how do they explain my receipt proving i gave it to them.

They then asked me to leave the shop.

haha willo someone has it in for you, did u gt it sorted in the end
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 11th Nov 2011 3:04pm
yea all sorted, i got it back, and vodafone sent it off for repair, and i got it back, all fixed. am not going to start messing around with the software again.
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 11th Nov 2011 3:27pm
haha did u attemp to change the os ?
Posted By: Clive Re: Carphone warehouse lost my phone - 11th Nov 2011 3:36pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
haha did u attemp to change the os ?
I downloaded bada 2.0.1 from unofficial site, and flashed my phone, instead of waiting for the official release in December, vodafone said the main board was fried, oopps
© Wirral-Wikiwirral