Forums
Posted By: louise127 Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 1:13pm
cant believe it, today I recieved a parking ticket when I didn;t actually stop, I slowed down to let someone out and stupidly was on ziz zags for all of 3 seconds,,,,,,,,,,spy camera in wallasey village
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 2:10pm
you didn't actually stop, so you let someone bail out of a moving car, surely thats worse than stopping on a zig zag
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 2:16pm
I assumed she meant to let someone out of a side road.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 2:26pm
withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 2:28pm
If you haven't stopped on them to let someone cross the crossing, or your car has broken down and can't be moved, any other reason/excuse you give for stopping/parking will be dismissed. Other exemptions that apply are carrying out building or demolition works, stopped by police, fixing the road, removing a vehicle causing an obstruction, driving an ambulance, fire engine or police car, laying or maintaining sewer, gas or electicity mains and in limited circumstances driving a bus.

The Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997 say that boarding/alighting only counts for PSVs or Taxis setting down/picking up fare paying passengers. So unless you are a registered taxi driver, who had charged your friend a fare, tough I'm afraid.

As you were not doing any of the above, pay it and learn the lesson of not to do it again.

Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 2:32pm
we all know that you are not allowed to stop on zig zags , i have three points on my license to prove it,it was my own fault for stopping on zig zags and i was there for only a few seconds.i paid the fine and learnt my lesson, i wont do it again.i would imagine that the original poster was letting someone out of the car and did in fact stop on the zig zag so it is their own fault, sorry if that sound harsh but thats the way it is. if the poster was in fact stopping to let a veichle out of a side road(maybe they could clarify) then you could appeal as they will have cctv evidence,in which case i would be suprised at them fining you in the first place....put simply they must have evidence of you parking on a zig zag or they would not of done you.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 3:01pm
You shouldn't be driving over the zigzags full stop!
Enough with the lectures of what you can and cannot do!
You do not drive or park over zigzag road markings.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 3:15pm
I remember a person (I had very generously gone out of my way to give a lift to) whinging because I hadn't stopped right outside there house as it was zigzags...
safe to say I never gave the ungrateful buttmunch a lift again... I did however punch them in their stupid whiney face...
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 3:18pm
Originally Posted by polo_phil
I remember a person (I had very generously gone out of my way to give a lift to) whinging because I hadn't stopped right outside there house as it was zigzags...
safe to say I never gave the ungrateful buttmunch a lift again... I did however punch them in their stupid whiney face...
Oh dear,was this on the same occasion?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 4:34pm
laugh lOl
Posted By: louise127 Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 6:55pm
No I had slowed down to let a car out then pulled into the empty space left by the car, didn't actually stop, Im am fully aware you can't park on zig zags and would never do so, pic by spy car was of my car still moving??????
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 7:09pm
Appeal against it I would.
Posted By: Wench Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 10:52pm
Originally Posted by louise127
No I had slowed down to let a car out then pulled into the empty space left by the car, didn't actually stop, Im am fully aware you can't park on zig zags and would never do so, pic by spy car was of my car still moving??????

So the other car was on zig zags or when you slowed down you ended up on zig zags? It really isn't clear.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spy cameras - 20th Jul 2011 10:55pm
I think nobody was dropped off, she slowed down whilst over the zig-zags to let another car get out of a legitimate parking space which she then parked in.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spy cameras - 21st Jul 2011 12:58am
I also had 3 points and a £60 contribution to the police christmas night out on my license for 3 years for the same thing.

I'd literally only just passed my test and I parked in a space but back of my car was just over the line.

Damn probationer needing some practice in writing tickets - the inspector said as much.

Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Spy cameras - 21st Jul 2011 4:10am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
I've never heard the phrase buttmunch before LMFAO
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Spy cameras - 21st Jul 2011 7:36am
*their house... oops. I fail
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Spy cameras - 22nd Jul 2011 12:00pm
haha buttmunch, you been watchin Beavis and butt head again Phil you fartknocker, hows life mate ?
Posted By: louise127 Re: Spy cameras - 27th Jul 2011 6:45pm
thats it exactly, I appealed but dont hold out much hope frown
its more a principle thing than the money Common sense does not come into council vocab sadly but I suppose it keeps someone in a job at least
Posted By: louise127 Re: Spy cameras - 29th Jul 2011 12:38pm
RESULT.......:) got letter today after I appealed againist zigzag gate and they have apologised for the over enthusiasim of the spy camera operator and cancelled the fine yay.......just goes to show, if you feel your in the right...APPEAL
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spy cameras - 29th Jul 2011 1:34pm
Well done, are you applying for costs raftl
Posted By: louise127 Re: Spy cameras - 29th Jul 2011 3:46pm
No costs involved just the price of a stamp grin
Posted By: TheDr Re: Spy cameras - 30th Jul 2011 12:03am
Originally Posted by louise127
No costs involved just the price of a stamp grin

Plus the time of writing the letter, taking it to a post office etc, your bank gets away with £25 per letter, solicitors can charge £75plus, for the cost of a stamp I'd send them another saying that in view of the cancellation of the ticket due to the over-zealous nature of the their CCTV operator you are invoicing them for £30 for the costs and time involved in your appeal, this amount will be halved if paid within 14days laugh
Posted By: louise127 Re: Spy cameras - 31st Jul 2011 3:50pm
good idea but think I'll just leave it now grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral