Forums
Posted By: jemarc dnt know if im insured - 26th Jun 2011 10:48am
my mobility car has gone in the garage as there is something wrong with it, they have given me a loan car for a few days, but just checked the reg on askmid and its saying its not insured. am i covered on my mobility insurance or not. the car they have given me is one a customer brought in to part ex.
thanks for any help
Posted By: mrhanky Re: dnt know if im insured - 26th Jun 2011 10:52am
you should be covered on the garage's traders policy.
if you are unsure just check with the garage.
it's worth asking them for their insurance details though as if it's not on the database you may well end up getting stopped.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: dnt know if im insured - 26th Jun 2011 11:33am
Indeed, just check with the garage; you may be insured, as it can take upto 7 days (which is pretty stupidly imho, considered "reasonable time" by the insurance industry) to show on the insurance database.

It's not worth risking it until you know for sure, because if you are stopped, and it turns out that valid insurance isnt held/showing on the database, then the car will be seized and you will be left at the roadside (I know through bitter experience thanks to a cock-up by Quinn Direct and a jobsworth copper!!), which I imagine would be a terrible situation to be in as its a motability car.
Posted By: jemarc Re: dnt know if im insured - 26th Jun 2011 12:51pm
ok thanks everyone will look into it tomorrow x
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dnt know if im insured - 26th Jun 2011 8:28pm
Askmid isn't always right, even more so if it's a fleet car.
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: dnt know if im insured - 28th Jun 2011 10:58am
just ring mobility, and they will tell you there and then, the loan car thing changed last year, 0845 456 4566 (8.30am till 5.30pm Monday to Friday) or to use a normal number courtesy of say no to 0870, its 0151 240 2894 which is customer services for RSA motability the people who will know for 100% as they are your insurers
Posted By: jemarc Re: dnt know if im insured - 28th Jun 2011 3:10pm
thanks all, i was insured and i got my own car back today x
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: dnt know if im insured - 28th Jun 2011 3:28pm
Good its like losing your legs with no car isnt it,
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: dnt know if im insured - 28th Jun 2011 7:07pm
Originally Posted by jemarc
my mobility car has gone in the garage as there is something wrong with it, they have given me a loan car for a few days, but just checked the reg on askmid and its saying its not insured. am i covered on my mobility insurance or not. the car they have given me is one a customer brought in to part ex.
thanks for any help

Maybe you should phone the Motorbility number to get phone advice from them. Ask them to confirm their advice in an email or text?
Posted By: Newey Re: dnt know if im insured - 30th Jun 2011 1:20pm
You would never get convicted in these circumstances anyhow as it was reasonable to assume you had cover!
Posted By: TheDr Re: dnt know if im insured - 30th Jun 2011 6:34pm
Originally Posted by Newey
You would never get convicted in these circumstances anyhow as it was reasonable to assume you had cover!

Unfortunately you would (likely) be convicted.

Insurance is a strict liability offence, you either have it or you don't, and if you don't, you're guilty, what you have is excellent mitigation to reduce or nullify any sentence.

The other problem would be that it would show on your licence (even if zero points were given) so you would have to explain to your insurance company and forget trying to hire cars until they come off frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral