Forums
Posted By: neilmcc help over solicitor - 8th Apr 2011 9:09am
im after advice if a solicitor is dealing with a work related injury case leaves the company should the company inform the client that the case handler has left as i have just found out that my case handler has left i have just tried to contact her and she left 4 months ago and i havent been informed this is the second time over the 6 years my case has been going and i have also had to have one of the solicitors removed from my case due to incompetance with the way he was handling my case. Not happy with them but its to late to change solicitors as its a complex case
Posted By: Wench Re: help over solicitor - 8th Apr 2011 10:07am
Under the Solicitors Regulation Authority - Code of Conduct, Rule 2.02(20) states:

All clients affected by a material alteration to the composition of the firm must be informed personally. Where the person having conduct of a matter leaves a firm, the client in question must be informed, preferably in advance, and told the name and status of the person who is to take over their matter.

So that's a yes.

If you are not happy with how your claim is being dealt with, you are well within your rights to complain to the Legal Ombudsman or the SRA. In the first instant, the complaint should be made to your Solicitors. You should have received details of the complaints procedure in with your information pack when you first signed to them.

I hope that helps.
Posted By: jemarc Re: help over solicitor - 8th Apr 2011 10:09am
we had a car accident case going on a few years ago and we were always informed if the solicitor had been changed to another as it went along the chain . hope this helps.
Posted By: neilmcc Re: help over solicitor - 8th Apr 2011 1:44pm
cheers thats what i wanted to hear i am waiting for a meeting and im going to hit them with this
Posted By: hoseman Re: help over solicitor - 8th Apr 2011 5:47pm
It may be a complicated case, but you can still change solicitors. I did with a car crash years ago. Ive always used RMNJ in Birkenhead, but because my passenger had already put their case into Kirwens in prenton decided to go there to keep all in house. What a waste of time they were. No feedback, no updates, it was a simple whiplash case (yes, genuine, still suffer now, 20yrs later!) and they took over 18 months before i had enuf and went to RMNJ and asked them to take over.
Even then i had calls off Kirwens asking me why i changed solicitors...which they arnt allowed to do!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral