Forums
Posted By: mike1965 is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 3:17pm
hi folks! today at 2pm i recieved a phone call from a chap called aiden,telling me that my laptop had a hidden virus and he would giude me through the process of removing it! he was calling from pc world AMERICA?? has any one else heard of this before?i rang pc world /dixons and theyve never heard of it.its DEFINATELY not them
Posted By: MrBrightside Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 3:18pm
scam!!!!
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 3:20pm
its a con
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 3:24pm
I'd be very interested in how he found out your details if I was you, get your laptop security up to scratch if it aint already.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 3:55pm
They want remote access to your laptop... then it's either goodbye personal details or a trojan/keylogger and then it's goodbye internet banking passwords etc etc.

Ignore, obviously.
Posted By: TheDr Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 4:30pm
SCAM

SCAM

SCAM

We've had THREE people in today alone asking about this, so I'm guessing that the auto-dialer they use is trying numbers in this area.

I REALLY hope they ring me, I'm looking forward to tying the caller in knots....preferably around their scrawny neck smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 4:56pm
scam mate smile
Posted By: Capt_America Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 9:44pm
He's in your machine NOW!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: is this real? - 22nd Mar 2011 9:49pm
Originally Posted by Capt_America
He's in your machine NOW!

lol mate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: is this real? - 24th Mar 2011 3:43pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
SCAM

SCAM

SCAM

We've had THREE people in today alone asking about this, so I'm guessing that the auto-dialer they use is trying numbers in this area.

I REALLY hope they ring me, I'm looking forward to tying the caller in knots....preferably around their scrawny neck smile

If this was facebook, I'd like this.

Horrid scam this, in my old job we dealt with someone who fell victim to exactly this.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: is this real? - 27th Mar 2011 11:17am
i had this a while back and asked the girl on the end of the phone to tell me when the virus was found,she told me it was two days before and that it was auto dialling their system.funny thing was that i had been cut off by virgin for not paying the bill on time and had no connection,phone line or even pc turned on in the day in question(or the previous two weeks),she then hung up on me.
Posted By: cheshirelassy Re: is this real? - 27th Mar 2011 4:31pm
Hi, we have recently had this type of call. They were somewhat put off when I told them we had 28 computers so which one did they mean? Guess what, they put the phone down on me!
SCAM SCAM
Cheshirelassy
Posted By: DavidB Re: is this real? - 30th Mar 2011 5:26pm
I had one years ago from America trying to sell me clip art, and wanted my credit card. I kept him on the line for 1/2 an hour, but wouldn't give him any card details.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral