Forums
Posted By: johncon Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 7:20pm
Just a word to the wise especialy for the elderly.
There is a company going around offering to resurface /coat driveways for obvious reasons I cannot be too specific but they got my 85 year old mum yesterday and came back today wanting £500 cash.
the job they did was a joke just spraying a thin coat of some sort of bitumen onto her concrete drive they hadn,t even brushed up leaves before doing it and just sprayed over the top of them.
fortunatley my brother got involved and called trading standards who came and looked at the job and told us not to pay them as they are aware of them. they got quite agressive and said they would get their money one way or another.
they claim to be a local company though trading standards say they are not.
my mum commented on what a pleasant and plausible man it who spoke to her about it .
please be wary of anybody knocking on your door offering sevices such as this.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 7:24pm
Scumbags mad
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 7:29pm
i work in a builders merchant,if you would like to pm me with the name of the guys involved i will spread the word around,sometimes if they cannot buy goods in the local merchants they will have to move on somewhere else to ply their evil trade.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 7:57pm
... like these are always around. Moral is tell cold callers where to go but for the elderly that is not the easy option.
Posted By: buddy Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 8:29pm
Somebody called on me last week - said they were from Heswall - offered to clean/seal my block paving for £480 eventually dropping to £350!!! Informed them I wasn't interested but they turned up the next day saying ("don't tell the neighbours but we'll do it for £250!!!) - again said not interested and was asked "how much will you give us then" - lost it with them and they left
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 8:47pm
good reputable builders generally do not need to cold call for work,the work comes to them from word of mouth.
Posted By: johncon Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 8:56pm
sounds like possibly the same crew !!!
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Nov 2010 9:00pm
Yeh they tend to target one area and go on leaving chaos behind
Posted By: johncon Re: Resurface driveways - 21st Nov 2010 5:05pm
no developments on this yet other than trading standards saying that any money that changes hands will be via them. and it will not be cash ! so wait and see what happens. their van has been seen around and about though so they are still targeting the wirral area.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Resurface driveways - 21st Nov 2010 6:20pm
Can you tell us what their van looks like johncon?
Posted By: johncon Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Dec 2010 8:07pm
trading standards dropped us and sugested we pay half ie £250
we have done so now to put mums mind at rest but feel let down by trading standards
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Dec 2010 8:42pm
Omg, thats disgusting. Why?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Dec 2010 8:49pm
They need the boys sending round to sort them out!!!
Posted By: johncon Re: Resurface driveways - 10th Dec 2010 9:38pm
said it could turn into a long case and best thing for mums peace of mind was to make a setelment bummer but what the hell its done and they wont be bothering her again
© Wirral-Wikiwirral