Forums
Posted By: DavidB Scottish Power gas card - debt - 16th Oct 2010 9:36pm
The premises where I have lived since 2003 has had a Scottish Power gas meter, which is 'topped up' with a gas card.

Ever since I've used it, which is only in the winter, it has charged me debt. Every £10, it takes £7 debt. The person I live with says she can't remember actually having any debt as there has been a gas meter in since she moved in and you cannot actually incur any charges from using it. Especially not 70% of every amount - she just assumed it was a simple charge for using the machine. I don't, and really want to get the money back over the period of 7 years and remove this stupid debt thing which isn't owed! It might be from a previous tenant, as my partner has rang in the past and just been fobbed off with a 'it's your debt' kind've thing. I know Scottish Power are really shit on customer service, but need to get to the bottom of this now. £10 lasts two days maximum at the lowest gas temp.

Does anyone understand how they work?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Scottish Power gas card - debt - 16th Oct 2010 10:13pm
U should of registered it when u moved in. Maybe last tenant had a huge bill and they installed a prepay meter. Ring n say u just moved in and not got a card 4 meter and theres a debt,they should come and reset it?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Scottish Power gas card - debt - 16th Oct 2010 10:21pm
Citizens Advice Bureax!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Scottish Power gas card - debt - 16th Oct 2010 10:44pm
I will do. I haven't really got time for CRB, esp when this is pretty much clear cut - no debt is owed, we've been paying for 7 years.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Scottish Power gas card - debt - 16th Oct 2010 10:52pm
Whys it been 7yrs to sort out?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral