Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot HIPs - 14th Jul 2010 8:29am
In a bit of a quandary. Signed up to sell my house via Estate Agent. No sale no fee and they paid for the HIP, cost of which would be refundable to agent if I withdrew from sale. Property on the market for 18months, 3 viewings, one offer which was withdrawn due to inability of buyer to gain planning permission for the scheme he wanted. Property in local newspaper 8 times, giving aggregate of once every 9 weeks. Any activity on my property was always at my instigation, changing wording of advert, advising of spelling mistakes, lack of highlighting of various aspects, including the fact that they said they didn't realise there was "No Chain" involved. Anyway, HIP's got withdrawn from the statute book and then I withdrew the property from the market with the agent due to lack of progress. I now have a bill from them for reimbursement of the cost of the HIP. Does anyone know where the law stands on this, given the fact that they are no longer required and the length of time I patiently persevered with them?????
Posted By: StuyMac Re: HIPs - 14th Jul 2010 10:30am
Have you tried citizens advice?

Those agents sound like total asres!
Posted By: sean Re: HIPs - 14th Jul 2010 10:32am
move house and don't tell them laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HIPs - 14th Jul 2010 3:53pm
I very much doubt that you can get round that one legally, you agreed to the HIP which a separate provision than the Estate Agent services.

HIPs were arguably just an employment scheme.
Posted By: bert1 Re: HIPs - 14th Jul 2010 5:19pm
I agree with DD, i think your going to have to pay that one Bandy, i know they have been done away with now but at the time, that's what you agreed. Even though they have done no good for you, why give them up, you should have got another Estate agent and had joint agency.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: HIPs - 15th Jul 2010 1:25pm
Cheers fellahs, had to have a moan and somebody might have had an idea or two. Taking a solicitor's clinic on Saturday, expect him to say the same and I'll have to take the hit, b....ds. it's a hard life.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: HIPs - 15th Jul 2010 6:48pm
Have you tried talking to them (the boss)? Reason with them? See if they'll agree to waive the fee considering the history / outcome?
Can't hurt - nothing to be lost by trying!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: HIPs - 20th Jul 2010 9:32am
Took legal advice fellahs and I was done up like a kipper so had to pay the fee. However, on the bright side, I can get a copy of the HIP. Well whoopee!
Posted By: bert1 Re: HIPs - 20th Jul 2010 9:41am
3 cheers for trying, hip, hip, oh sorry, very bad taste.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral