Forums
Posted By: Wench New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 9:59am
Just to let you all know that there is a new unmarked car on the prowl.

It's a rather nice dark blue (non metallic) BMW 535 Estate, Index PN10 LAA.

Very nice car but all the gadgets are a lot smaller so harder to spot - apart from the mahooosive strobe lights on the wing mirrors and the 2 wanging great aerials on the back. The fin on the top has ANPR built in and the info board folds down so that it's not visible unless in use. The front facing camera is a lot smaller than the usual block jobs too.

Happy driving people wink
Posted By: Nigel Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:15am
Personally, I have never agreed with unmaked cars! It is very cloak and dagger tactics!
Posted By: bert1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:19am
If you don't break the law, you have nothing to fear.
Posted By: Nigel Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:23am
Originally Posted by bert1
If you don't break the law, you have nothing to fear.

I undertsand your point Bert1, But should they not show themselves? Why this cloak and dagger approach?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:26am
I see both sides, a marked car may stop someone doing something wrong, and preventing an incident, though an unmarked car can catch people doing what they do when they think no-one is watching.
Posted By: bert1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:30am
I imagine its sole purpose is to catch law breakers as far as traffic offences are concerned, We all know that when there's a marked police car is on show there is a law abiding bubble right around it, when it disappears the loons return to bad driving, speeding etc. Knowing there's a unmarked car on the roads drivers may take more care of what their actually doing.
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 11:36am
oh yer unmarked cars pulling young kids up that may be doing nothing but walking along minding there own buisness and thnen you get the sweeny copswith a bad attertude no wonder kids hate coppers i hate coppers that drlvre unmarked cars i myself wouldent stop for one if people dont do nothin leave them alone should be in marked cars or even better get them out on foot save fuel give them all cars and you wont see them give them a good pair of shoes and a route to keep to let the comunity cars do there work or the traffic cops to many coppers driving and not on the beat why call a bobby a beat bobby if there never on the beat
waste of money could of gone on sumit like a new ambulance to help thi sick
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 1:21pm
TBH If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

What if one of the kids had been hiding a knife which appears to be rife these days [Linked Image]

Problem is, some think its ok to be antisocial, and they get a chip on their shoulder about being stopped by the police. But like I said, if you have done nothing wrong, and are polite and respond without attitude, then you will get treated the same.

Ive been stopped plenty of times, and sure, it can be an inconvenience, though TBH its good to see they are doing these sort of checks etc
Posted By: polo_phil Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 1:40pm
Good ol' 5 0... good to see they've got an estate to shove more of the scrotes in the boot.
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 1:56pm
Originally Posted by scary
oh yer unmarked cars pulling young kids up that may be doing nothing but walking along minding there own buisness and thnen you get the sweeny copswith a bad attertude

It's a TRAFFIC car so unless you're doing something that warrants being stopped, it won't bother you. As for the attitude, you get what you give out. If you are polite and co-operative then you will be on your way in no time. Is it any wonder that some Police Officers have "bad attitudes" when they have to deal with people of the same mindset as yourself? no

no wonder kids hate coppers i hate coppers that drlvre unmarked cars i myself wouldent stop for one
Not all kids hate the Police. This reply has me thinking why you hate the Police think I'm sure you wouldn't hate them if you were in trouble and needed them!! If you have nothing to hide, then what is the problem with stopping? That WILL get you in trouble as it's a Criminal offence.

if people dont do nothin leave them alone should be in marked cars or even better get them out on foot save fuel give them all cars and you wont see them give them a good pair of shoes and a route to keep to let the comunity cars do there work or the traffic cops to many coppers driving and not on the beat why call a bobby a beat bobby if there never on the beat
They are still in marked cars. Once again, it is a Traffic car so they are doing their job. It is one car covering the whole of Liverpool and the Wirral. A Beat bobby is an old term but they do still have them. The problem is that the Government in their infinite wisdom have decided that it is more cost effective to replace the Beat bobbies with PCSO's who have limited powers. Do you think that most Police want to be stuck in the stations with tonnes of paperwork?? I'd say 99% of the Police I know (and it's a lot due to work) would much rather be out on the beat, but it's not always possible.

waste of money could of gone on sumit like a new ambulance to help thi sick
So the Police don't help people then?? Who do you think it is that on many occasions gives First Aid to victims of RTA's or assaults etc? Having seen first hand what the consequences are of crashes and assaults etc, they do a bloody good job until the Ambulance service get there. It wouldn't be a waste of money if it caught a drunk driver or someone speeding, with no licence or insurance that ploughed into you or one of your family or friends would it?? The Ambulance Service are allocated their own funds so it has nothing to do with the Police.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 2:24pm
busted
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 3:54pm
omg come on if your driving along minding your own buissness and legal at night done nothin eligal and get pulled over by the skummy coppers who havent anything better to do after alwready checking you out before pulling you over to see why you are driving so carefull if you think thats ok get a frigin life get out more sell the frigin cop car get frigin boots and earn there pay by walking in the area thats needed not to buy a car and hide around corners waiting for people hou aint done jack shit if you dont agree with me well tuff get out of the cars do some work if there seen walking arround and around then they will lose a few pounds and get healthy at the same time without having to spend thousands of pounds on a car that isnt even got police down the side this realy pisses me off as you see ime not a real fan of the police give them a coppers uniform it goes to there head
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 4:32pm
If you're perfectly legal then what's the issue?? You'll be on your way in minutes. Some people who are unfit to drive through drink or drugs do drive ultra carefully so as to not arouse suspicion - so by your reasoning, it's ok to leave them alone to carry on because they're driving "carefully". Random stop checks can also lead to people who don't have a licence being caught. Just because the vehicle shows as being insured etc does not mean that the driver is legit.

I'm guessing you don't understand the concept of "Traffic Police". It's a bit hard to be a Traffic Officer on foot raftl Also, if they sell the cars how do you propose they respond to emergencies as quick as possible? Magic?? Starship Enterprise Transporter??

The whole point of an unmarked vehicle is to catch those who are breaking the Law. A marked car, as previously stated by another member, makes 99% drive as they should but once it's gone, SOME go back to being muppets and think that the Law does not apply to them.

To say that every Police Officer that is given a uniform has it "go to their head" is a bit like saying everyone who wears a shell suit has an ASBO or everyone who can't spell or use punctuation is an idiot - it's just not true in every case is it?

Posted By: jimbob Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 8:55pm
whats all the fuss about pulling young kids up when there walking along the streets. Its nothing NEW. In the 50s when us TEDS where walking along and there where more than 2 of us we where straight way looked on as a Gang and where always been pulled up. Its par for the course so stop the moaning about the police.
Posted By: jimbob Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 8:59pm
By the way in the 50s the polce cars may well have been Unmarked due to they where all black as well as 90% of all other cars on the road and had a tiny sign in the back that said police
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 9:23pm
Personally, id rather they were all unmarked, wouldnt get half as many tits on the road then, as they would be more likely to be caught.

I do agree that there is some proper nobeeeen bobbies out there though, one was right up my arse for about 5 minutes the other night at about 1am, trying to push me over 30mph on New Chester Road, in the 30 limit. As soon as we hit the twin lane bit coming towards the Rock (still a 30), he flew past me upto about 60mph or so, before hammering the brakes by the speed camera...

And the last time I was pulled, the guy who got out of the vehicle at first was really decent and straight, the other guy was just a grumpy prick tbh, looking for any reason he could find to nab you, though he never found a reason.

Im very much pro-police, given my immediate local family have had 4 generations in the police, and have current serving officers in the force now, including close-cousins. But they can be pricks sometimes, police in general that is. However, I do agree with the, if you have nothing to hide, and are doing nothing wrong, then be straight with them and you wont have any problems philosophy.
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:20pm
well i think there should be a police sighn down the car and as for who will answer a 999 call a patroll car thats who and 4 traffic well use a marked traffic car thats why therte called traffic police my god do you all think because someone is a carefull driver that they should get pulled in into the side of the road some people have better things than to be pulled over 4 no reason to see who i am they can easily tell before they pull u with a pnc check they dont even say sorry 4 wasting your time uniform has gone to there heads do they think every one is eaither drunk a crackhead or a thief well i think most of you have made your minds up about this car well thats up to u but it wont change my thaughts a compleate waste of money let the traffic cops do traffic
Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:26pm
I may be alone in this assertion, but I like to see them pulling people when their doing their random drink-driving campaigns, it only takes a few seconds to do and your on your way. A police officer does not pull you for no reason, ive had loads of police sit behind me and not get pulled, they only pull you when they are on a campaign, or suspect something may be iffy, if one of their databases flashes anything up about the reg or the registered owner, or if you are doing something wrong.

A lot of the time, the police can't be bothered with the paperwork, so its not in their interest to pull random and innocent people off the streets for no reason anyway.
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:49pm
for your info full clean licence road tax mot incured clean car fed up of being pulled for checks you say it only takes minuits well there my minuits there wasting i dont mind being pulled by a traffic car thats marked but ime not guna stop for an unmarked car just because they have blue lights a siren well you can buy them off ebay and they a pretend copper for all i know no way will i get out of the car if they want me to stop then its like this they can radio 4 a traffic car that has the police sighn and then i will open the car door without a problem and yes u can get them on ebay off an old ambulance or even blue bulbs on ebay
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:52pm
That will be your full clean licence gone then for failing to stop raftl

Posted By: MattLFC Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 10:58pm
The ANPR kit costs £30,000, if they have that in the car, they aint got it off ebay to fool people lol. All you have to see if their warrant card and hear the radio. You are probably within your rights to request a marked car attend the scene, but if you FTS, you would be asking for serious trouble.

I understand its a pain being pulled by them, but they need a valid reason or suspicion before they can pull anyone, unless they are on a campaign, they don't just pull you because they are out to get you - if they are doing this, Spinking, off these forums, I seem to recall, had them up for harrassment, back in the Cruisewirral days, when they kept targetting him because he drove a black BMW.

I get pulled more often now than ever, possibly because I drive a car one wouldnt expect a young lad to be driving, the amount of times the plod have asked me how I can afford to own and insure it etc is amazing, they have accused it of being my dads and I love the look on their faces when they realise the car and the insurance are both in my name (and even better when they used to see my insurance was only £200 a year and probably lower than what they were paying haha and I was only 22/23 yr old).
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 11:17pm
no if there is any reason that you feel threatened in any way it wouldent stand in courtand even if it did its about time someone stood up for what they think is right in there eyes thats why traffic police have police wrighten on them so you feel safe to pull over you lot have no balls to stick up for yourselves man up where not all crimanals as for anpr kit costing 30 grand thats doing f all that could of paid for lights in the cemitry at landican that will give some one a job to watch the cams as for being pulled over why do the fella copers think there all great because there uniform oh radios also for sale on ebay so its that simple to become a bogus copper when the means are there i once baught an ambulance with lights siren even the gurney and sighn ritten dont tell me it cant be done it can i would stop for a traffic car thats sighn wrighten but wouldent get out my car if they want they can take the keys out and sit in my car where i know ime safe in my zone
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 11:21pm
Originally Posted by Wench
That will be your full clean licence gone then for failing to stop raftl

If the car is unmarked (or strangely, even if it is a fully striped and kitted RRV) you DON'T have to stop if you feel vulnerable or at risk, as long as you don't try and speed off.

If you indicate that they should follow you, or you have a handsfree kit and call the police to let them know what you are doing you can drive to either a well lit/busy place, or the nearest police station and they can speak to you there.

That does not mean that you can burn off or pretend not to have seen them until you get to Tesco's, but there is no law that will make you put yourself in what could be a dangerous position.

Oh yes, this doesn't apply to drink drivers, they will (or should) just take you off the road and as quickly as possible.

Someone mentioned it could be a fake car, now (as some of you know) I own a private ambulance company and we hire/rent/sell ambulances all over the country, and you can tell the difference between the eBay lights and the proper Whelan or Woodway ones (your bank balance certainly knows). The drop down sign boards alone start at the £1500 mark, but if you're not sure, DON'T put yourself at risk, and drive to somewhere (nearby) you feel safe.

A lot of cars are pulled over because your insurance company hasn't listed your vehicle on the MID (Motor Insurance Database), if you go to MID Database and put in your registration number it will tell you if your vehicle is listed or not, if not you are likely to get pulled and need to contact (and moan at) your insurance asap to get them to update it (and if possible to prevent problems carry your cover note around in the meantime).

Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 11:39pm
There is a limit on distance with the "driving to somewhere safe" though.
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 19th May 2010 11:49pm
There is a limit on distance with the "driving to somewhere safe" though.

There is a limit, and it's a "reasonable" distance, that is why in the second to last paragraph, last line, I said that you could drive somewhere "nearby" that you felt safe. Basically if you drove to a nearby supermarket or busy well-lit area you'd be fine, if you decided you only felt safe with your mum and she lived in Birmingham (for example) it might be frowned upon a little whistle
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 12:16am
thank you the dr 4 aggreeing with me on this. i would feel happy driving to my nearest police station or 4 them 2 call a traffic car as if i was a young lady on my own i would feel vunerable ive just been looking on ebay and came across these items they are all ex police
item no 260605833662 this is a vest
370304125251 police ear peice
280499031867 radio holder
290420413007 radio
150444873069 hand cuffs
220608397099 shirt
390003391565 belt to carry handcuffs baton phone notebook etc
230475568175 police eploutes saying b390
1105311289474 badge
110534597442 polise badge
140407040924 id wallet
250565908060 police car flashing blue leds
so there is nothing easier to dress up yourself like a police man and drive around in a unmarked car to fool the public please take a look at the item numbers on ebay hope this proves my point
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 7:07am
Im just wondering who has more power, a blag Police man or a PCSO raftl

If you feel you are being targeted Scary, report the issue. As Matty said, it happened to spinking, he was getting pulled once a week (at least) and made a complaint.

This may stop you getting stopped in the car.... unless they continue to have reasonable cause to stop you - what reason have they given in the past think

As for kids getting stopped in the street, that has always happened, and will continue to happen for the simple reason theres a few bad eggs out there, and because of that they have to check the majority to try and find the minority that are causing problems.

PS heres a comma "," and full stop "." You can copy and paste them, as yours dont appear to be working wink
Posted By: chriskay Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 9:14am
Originally Posted by StuyMac

PS heres a comma "," and full stop "." You can copy and paste them, as yours dont appear to be working wink

LOL, you could have included a font of upper-case letters too.
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 10:54am
hears a comma , 4 you i shouldent be getting pulled full stop .ok dear just because i cant type properly doesent mean you can take the piss kiss my ass ohh not forgeting the.is that good enought for you teacher. would you like a apple ? . you remind me of roy cropper if you dont know who he is you must be that sad and not watch telly ohh and one again.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 11:02am
Always happy to help those of a lesser disposition grin

I wasnt trying to have a go, just suggest that they will make your posts a little easier to read [Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 11:09am
hears a comma , 4 you i shouldent be getting pulled full stop .ok dear just because i cant type properly doesent mean you can take the piss kiss my ass ohh not forgeting the.is that good enought for you teacher. would you like a apple ? . you remind me of roy cropper if you dont know who he is you must be that sad and not watch telly ohh and one again.
Love the reply........ Stewy - behave yourself.
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 12:34pm
So, just out of curiosity, are you a male or female scary?
Posted By: bert1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 1:16pm
So, just out of curiosity, are you a male or female scary?

My guess is a young lady, doesn't want to stop for an unmarked car and kisses after her signature. sherlock
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 20th May 2010 5:17pm
yep a female. xxxxxxx
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 21st May 2010 1:17am
As much as Scary's posts lacked grammar he made his point. I can't say I agree entirely but if anyone gets pulled over too often then they have a right to ask why. I don't know what car Scary drives but I guess it is in the catagory that the police feel is in their remit to challenge freely. Possibly cos they think a slow driving prestige car in the early hours of the morning might be a drunk driver and so an easy target for a ban (just a guess). Traffic police are the biggest money spinners in the force after all.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 21st May 2010 1:20am
Oops "she"
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 21st May 2010 1:27am
Oh and thanks The Dr, I genuinely didn't know I didn't have to stop ASAP if I didn't feel I was safe while being hailed by the police (major issues with authority-I blame my parents). (thought your nick was dr dre for some reason blush)
Posted By: Nigel Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 21st May 2010 9:18am
Originally Posted by jimbob
By the way in the 50s the polce cars may well have been Unmarked due to they where all black as well as 90% of all other cars on the road and had a tiny sign in the back that said police

As I am told they were all the same though, Wern't they ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 21st May 2010 11:20pm
Originally Posted by bobi1
Oh and thanks The Dr, I genuinely didn't know I didn't have to stop ASAP if I didn't feel I was safe while being hailed by the police (major issues with authority-I blame my parents). (thought your nick was dr dre for some reason blush)

No problem, I've had a couple of people question me on the legality of what I had said, so I did a bit of searching on the Police Law website (run by Yorkshire Police so working on the assumption it's probably correct), covers and confirms most of what I have said :

"The following is advice for anyone who feels vulnerable were she (or he) to stop. In many cases there may be several of you in the vehicle or you are confident you can deal with the situation, in which case this advice may not be for you.

An unmarked police car can stop vehicles, but it must contain a constable who MUST be in uniform in order to carry out the stop.

If a car flashing for you to pull over or stop is unmarked, unless you are 100% certain it is the police, do not stop. Drive steadily to the nearest public place (for example a petrol station where they are open till late, a police station or somewhere there are a lot of people) and then stop. If you are in a relatively deserted area, as a last resort, consider looking for a house that is obviously occupied and pull into the driveway. (You can always apologise to the householder afterwards.)

Try and signal that you have acknowledged the request to stop and indicate the action you are taking (put your flashers on or signal by pointing from the driver's window etc.). Don't drive off at great speed making the police think you are trying to get away.

Keep the doors locked until you are happy it is the police. Have your mobile at hand just in case. You can ask to see a warrant card, which should carry a name and photograph, through the closed window.

Incidentally, if you are suspected of drink/drugs driving none of these actions would invalidate an officer giving you a preliminary screening test as you have only temporarily interrupted your journey and are still driving for the purposes of that law.
"
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 22nd May 2010 1:52pm
thumbsup
Posted By: DavidB Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 24th May 2010 4:18pm
The last time I was pulled over by the police was about two years ago, when I drove out of a pub car park with my lights off (it was 10pm). I had used the cash machine, I was breathalised, but passed. I've never been pulled for speeding, because I don't speed or drive like a tit. You find if you don't drive like a fool, you will rarely get pulled over.
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 25th May 2010 12:13am
TBH the only time I was pulled over was at a random police stop point just after the Kingsway toll booths. I was driving a P reg white mondeo at the time with half it's back bumper missing and one of the headlight lenses cracked in 3 pieces. The reason I was given for being pulled over was for looking like someone with no tax or insurance-I had both lol (ok the MOT issue might have caused problems if raised).
Posted By: MrPhil Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 25th May 2010 1:44am
Thought Mondeo's all came with ductaped bumpers?
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 26th May 2010 6:07pm
thank you the dr 4 aggreeing with me on this. i would feel happy driving to my nearest police station or 4 them 2 call a traffic car as if i was a young lady on my own i would feel vunerable ive just been looking on ebay and came across these items they are all ex police
item no 260605833662 this is a vest
370304125251 police ear peice
280499031867 radio holder
290420413007 radio
150444873069 hand cuffs
220608397099 shirt
390003391565 belt to carry handcuffs baton phone notebook etc
230475568175 police eploutes saying b390
1105311289474 badge
110534597442 polise badge
140407040924 id wallet
250565908060 police car flashing blue leds
so there is nothing easier to dress up yourself like a police man and drive around in a unmarked car to fool the public please take a look at the item numbers on ebay hope this proves my point

Firstly you have WAY too much time on your hands.

Secondly, whilst modern society does favour a degree of deviation from correct grammar, punctuation does actually make whatever drivel you seem to be spouting actually readable.

If you were not simply depriving a village of an idiot I’d suggest that you actually take the excessive amount of time and put it to good use; like learning how to communicate effectively in written English!

Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 26th May 2010 6:08pm
oh...and you are not deemed to be paranoid...unless THEY REALLY ARE out to get you...
Posted By: DREWGAN Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 28th May 2010 12:58pm
that was a very good point you made there, i'm off for a nose on e-bay to get suited and booted and then off out to pull you!......only messing, but yeah you are quite true, i worry myself sometimes when me g/f drive home at night on her own, she could be getting stopped by anyone pretending to be a policeman when they're not! But then if she didnt stop coz she felt intimidated by a strange car trying to stop her we all know she'd get charged for failing to stop! Which is unfair in this day and age when theres so many counts of rape and assault (or even murder in extreme cases) reported these days!
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 29th May 2010 12:47am
Originally Posted by DREWGAN
that was a very good point you made there, i'm off for a nose on e-bay to get suited and booted and then off out to pull you!......only messing, but yeah you are quite true, i worry myself sometimes when me g/f drive home at night on her own, she could be getting stopped by anyone pretending to be a policeman when they're not! But then if she didnt stop coz she felt intimidated by a strange car trying to stop her we all know she'd get charged for failing to stop! Which is unfair in this day and age when theres so many counts of rape and assault (or even murder in extreme cases) reported these days!

This is true, but on the whole as long as you are sensible about it you'll be okay.

I have FAR FAR too much time on my hands, and went through the list of eBay items (as most of what it appears to be is banned).

The lapels are old issue (and just look wrong), no-one is fooled by a shirt, police (generally) don't wear tunics anymore, the Wallet is just that, the badge is for the Police Association and isn't a force badge, the radio is a normal radio that(Years ago) could pick up police broadcasts and looks more like a scanner than police kit.

If you REALLY wanted to you could probably get most of the stuff to look like a copper, but why would you, as a section of society in todays climate they are probably the least trusted group in the country... after MP's.

If you see a blue light in your rearview mirror you would move over and give way, but would you stop on a dark lane late at night if the car wasn't lit up like a rave..... not a hope in hell, yes there is a (very) slim chance it would go to court, but I argue a much better case than my corpse does.
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 29th May 2010 4:37pm
FFS...people if there was that many murders and rapes..with people being stopped by "fake" police..do you not think our great tabloid journalism would be beating a very loud drum about it.

it doesnt happen..full stop....and surely if someone was driving along at night..in a car "made" to look like a cop car do you not think the local plod would recognise that it wasnt one of their own!

the chances of driving a fake cop car and not getting noticed would surely be very small.

Cops by their nature are nosey sods and notice all sorts of things..they would spot a fake cop car in 5 seconds!
and surely if they werent sure they would radio it in and check the number plate? which would tell them it obviosuly wasnt one of theirs?

paranoid...hell yes!

your a complete fuckwit if you think that someone would go to all the trouble of looking like a cop..just stop you...
chances are therefore if there are blue strobe lights in your mirror its a proper cop!
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 29th May 2010 10:28pm
Originally Posted by Mother_Goose
chances are therefore if there are blue strobe lights in your mirror its a proper cop!

Or me in an ambulance...so move over joyride
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 30th May 2010 2:50am
Mother_Goose makes some very good points!
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 10:59am
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Mother_Goose makes some very good points!

Thankyou!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 1:37pm
er...

Australia...

Canada...

Atlanta, USA...

But it couldn't happen in the UK? - really?
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 3:03pm
Cheshire Police have a new unmarked now too - black BMW 530 Saloon, DK59 BLZ. Spotted on the M53 in the past 15mins wink

One of Cheshire Police's marked Traffic cars has been spotted sat up by Bayswater Road too this week.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:03pm
In the port they are using a dark red 03 plate vectra! I was behind it on the scootay and could seen all of the lights and lcd dispay sign thingy on the parcel shelf!
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:09pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
er...

Australia...

Canada...

Atlanta, USA...

But it couldn't happen in the UK? - really?

well you got any "stories" like this from the uk....cuz last time i checked..thats where we are....not australia, usa or canada...
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:16pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
In the port they are using a dark red 03 plate vectra! I was behind it on the scootay and could seen all of the lights and lcd dispay sign thingy on the parcel shelf!

Are you sure it was a real unmarked car and not just one that someone had made from empty washing up liquid bottles, sticky back plastic and stuff they bought off ebay raftl
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:21pm

Are you sure it was a real unmarked car and not just one that someone had made from empty washing up liquid bottles, sticky back plastic and stuff they bought off ebay raftl

well budgets cuts are affecting the police....
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:28pm

they also have a Silver 09 plate Mondeo
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:34pm
Originally Posted by Mother_Goose

well you got any "stories" like this from the uk....cuz last time i checked..thats where we are....not australia, usa or canada...

Not YET - afaik - but that doesn't mean it can't, or won't, happen, does it? (That was all I meant to convey...)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 6:56pm
Originally Posted by Tony_1985

they also have a Silver 09 plate Mondeo

You saw it too tony, I felt proud of myself for spottin it!
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 1st Jun 2010 10:55pm
almost got run over by it outside work on sat night
Posted By: TheDr Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 1:03am
Originally Posted by Tony_1985
almost got run over by it outside work on sat night

I suppose the light on the roof DID make it look a bit like a taxi..
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 1:05am
Maybe it was the closest they could get off ebay raftl
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 1:06am
Taxi Please for Tony!
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 2:59pm
New unmarked car spotted yesterday looks like a brand spanking new audi rs6 in blue, with one small roofbar with built in lights spotted by arrowepark pub

Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 3:20pm
If that's true, Nice!!! I know someone who'll want to be driving it pc raftl
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 8:55pm
ime probly more english than you as i was born and bread in wirral why have you got a problem well every person understands this you tosser
i work what do you do [robley sit on your ass all day and con the benifit angency tosser i may be a woman but i9ve give you a smack in the gob anyday ,
tosser
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 8:56pm
on reading my local news on virgin media i noticed an article saying ime wrighting as it reads off my mobile phone picks that i took off telly it reads armed robbers posed as police was threatened with what he thought was a gun by 2 men posing as police officers in lancashire , the man was driveing on cross hall brow in ormskirk on tuesday , when a silver vectra began flashing its lights, thinking it was an undercover police car the man pulled over .but 2 men got out and 1 pulled out what is beleived to be a gun ,they smashed the drivers door window and demanded the victen hand over his cash before they drove off ,

my article is about being pulled over by unmarked cars there is another article on here under unmarked police cars please read it ? as i said i was right and you all took the piss lol even about my grammer well sorry one point to me as i was right all the lond

get rid of ythe unmarked cars so people no whos pulling them with a huge bloody big sign down the side saying police haveing a good laugh now as i was right and yous were wrong laugh laugh lmao laugh laugh
oh sorry about the gramer
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:02pm
Just because someone in a Vectra flashed their headlights at some guy and got robbed hardly makes you right. The guy THOUGHT it was an unmarked car. There's no mention of it having blue strobes or anyone purporting to be a Police Officer or the men being dressed in uniform.

Good try though smile

As for Mother_Goose not being as English as yourself and being on benefits - I'll let him answer that raftl I'd love to see you try to "give him a smack in the gob", in fact, I'd pay good money to see that raftl

Posted By: StuyMac Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:05pm

As for Mother_Goose not being as English as yourself and being on benefits - I'll let him answer that raftl I'd love to see you try to "give him a smack in the gob", in fact, I'd pay good money to see that raftl

popcorn
Posted By: kimpri Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:13pm
And i would,

Ring side seat for me, grin

popcorn
Posted By: scoops Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:17pm
ime probly more english than you as i was born and bread in wirral why have you got a problem well every person understands this you tosser
i work what do you do [robley sit on your ass all day and con the benifit angency tosser i may be a woman but i9ve give you a smack in the gob anyday ,
tosser

Parlez-vous anglais, je ne vous comprends pas. raftl raftl
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:32pm
lol grin
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:36pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac

popcorn

aww why hasnt he any teeth lol
wouldnt he like a smack of a woman lol
Posted By: scary Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:37pm
Originally Posted by scoops
tosser

Parlez-vous anglais, je ne vous comprends pas. raftl raftl

lol
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:40pm
Oh he has lovely teeth - or did you think that he didn't have any and wanted to know how he lost them?

As for a smack off a woman - probably not raftl
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 9:50pm
on reading my local news on virgin media i noticed an article saying ime wrighting as it reads off my mobile phone picks that i took off telly it reads armed robbers posed as police was threatened with what he thought was a gun by 2 men posing as police officers in lancashire , the man was driveing on cross hall brow in ormskirk on tuesday , when a silver vectra began flashing its lights, thinking it was an undercover police car the man pulled over .but 2 men got out and 1 pulled out what is beleived to be a gun ,they smashed the drivers door window and demanded the victen hand over his cash before they drove off ,

my article is about being pulled over by unmarked cars there is another article on here under unmarked police cars please read it ? as i said i was right and you all took the piss lol even about my grammer well sorry one point to me as i was right all the lond

get rid of ythe unmarked cars so people no whos pulling them with a huge bloody big sign down the side saying police haveing a good laugh now as i was right and yous were wrong laugh laugh lmao laugh laugh
oh sorry about the gramer

ok..i think i get the jist of what you are trying somewhat ineloquently trying to say..

a)basically im some sort of benefit scrounging ... that doesnt work and therefore doesnt pay tax...

b)there was some sort of silver vectra that flashed some fuckwit in lancashire with lights of an indeterminate colour and then demanded his cash.

Have you tried using babelfish translator?

(We do use english here on the forum as the primary means of communication although "smiley icons" are permitted)..

so point a) firstly...you have no idea what or indeed how i am gainfully employed..lets just say i am and leave it at that.
secondly point b) so some fuckwit has thought he got flashed by the police..but surely at which point when his window got smashed and they demanded cash..alarm bells would ring "prehaps this isnt plod"...so why the fook didnt he drive off..oh that would be because his genus is obviously fookwittedness!

The simple concept of an "unmarked" police vehicle is surely that..its "unmarked" so that people DONT know its there..so they can enforce the law of the land....yet this simple point obviously eludes you.

that then brings me to the conclusion that you routinely break the law..and would rather not be caught by "plod" and as a result object, with no suitable grounds for doing so, for the useage of unmarked cars.

It's people like you that have brought this great nation to its knees..fookin godam tree hugging hippies...

the very fact you have the freedom of speech to comment with such unabashed obtusiveness is becuase "plod" and indeed our armed services have fought and died for such values over varying generations...

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us"..look it up..think about it and realise that your pathetic bleating about unmarked cars are trivial and is in fact nothing more than scaremongering.

The prosecution rests M'lud...

Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 2nd Jun 2010 10:31pm
Are you in the force Mother goose?
Posted By: Capt_America Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 9:35pm
on the reading of my local news on means vergini I have noticed an article that the ime says that wrighting since reads outside from my selezionamenti of telephones piece of furniture that I have removed the television reads to the fortified thieves proposals as police is threatened for what has thought was a gun from the 2 man that propose like officials of police in lancashire, l' man was guiding on the cross-sectional forehead of the corridor in ormskirk the tuesday, when a vectra d' silver has begun to inflame the relative lights, thinking that were flying of the police undercover l' man has pulled over the men of .but 2 escapes and 1 has extracted what is believed for being a gun, has breaked the window of the hatch of the driver and has demanded victen cosegno its cash before that they eliminated, my article is approximately the traction over in machine not marked is an other article over under flying of the police here not marked has read satisfies here it? I have said I was of right and all you have taken the lol dell' orina also approximately my spiacente point of the grammar sink me since I was skillful all the lond free of the not marked automobiles so as to of people of ythe no whos now that the saying police pulls them with a great enormous bleeding sign down lateral that risata has a good one since was of right and yous they were wrong

Translated to Italian by Babelfish and then back to English. I think it makes more sense now!
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:07pm
raftl
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:15pm
Does grammar/ spelling REALLY matter? As long as its legible.
Posted By: Wench Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:21pm
By the very virtue of legibility, then yes it does to an extent. It also helps with your side of the debate/arguement or getting your point across if your post is legible.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:22pm
Which, in all honesty, the post above mine isnt!! raftl i have managed to decipher the other posts tho!
Posted By: Capt_America Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:43pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Which, in all honesty, the post above mine isnt!! raftl i have managed to decipher the other posts tho!

Frankly says, which thing where probably is not the up post of the mine!! Me different post tho the fact that decodes the cipher text!

Translated to Korean and back on Babelfish. Ok it was funny once, I will stop it now!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 10:52pm
Aww, let the lass make her points!
It is an open forum and Planet Scary sounds fun! X.
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 3rd Jun 2010 11:57pm
Aww, let the lass make her points!
It is an open forum and Planet Scary sounds fun! X.

I have NO problem with someone making their point..i just pointed out a few basic flaws in her argument...and then simply put my argument back to her... grin

Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:25am
I hope scary has a good sense of humour cos the amount of p*ss you lot have taken out of her would have put a lot of newcomers off this site for good. Shame on the lot of you. No, I don't know her, I just think she has had the pee taken out of her for long enough.
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:31am
I hope scary has a good sense of humour cos the amount of p*ss you lot have taken out of her would have put a lot of newcomers off this site for good. Shame on the lot of you. No, I don't know her, I just think she has had the pee taken out of her for long enough.

i dont know her either..and i feel no shame for a well reasoned and balanced argument...
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:35am
So are you in the police force or not mother goose?
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:39am
So are you in the police force or not mother goose?

that would be telling....
Posted By: bobi1 Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:42am
Nuff said
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:44am
Allright........something equally anal retentitve???
Posted By: Mother_Goose Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 12:49am
Allright........something equally anal retentitve???

hmmm.....reasoned and balanced arguments are hardly a sign of anal retentivness....

besides i provide a degree of light entertainment to an otherwise serious subject..
Posted By: derekdwc Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 8:57am
When all is said and done I do agree if you feel threatened in any way you should be able to make your way to a place of safety - public place or police station.
Wasn't there a thing by the police not too long ago about advising young ladies breaking down on the motorway on safety

There are really some nutters about
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: New Unmarked Police Car on Wirral - 4th Jun 2010 3:39pm
And - could we be possibly missing a point here, given that the guy who got robbed (apparently) really (yes really) THOUGHT he was being pulled over by the Police - EVEN THOUGH (as has been said) the perps didn't even have blue flashing lights on? The point being, if someone can (evidently!) be so easily fooled into thinking it was the plod pulling them over WITHOUT any blue lights etc, then imagine how many people would be fooled into stopping IF they HAD've had blue lights on??

MOST people are, after all is said and done, quite trusting by nature (yes even of the wicked old po-lice!) and really don't expect to be robbed by (who they think is) the Police...

I personally really do think it's not a matter of IF, it's more a matter of WHEN something like (or worse than) this WILL happen to someone in the UK. Esp. with all the sex offenders out there (not to mention the financial crunch dragging on and on...)

But then, I'm not poultry! LOL (yes JOKE was INTENDED - for the humour-impaired!!!)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral