Forums
Posted By: Wheels Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 4:59pm
Hey guys

some of you may know I had a bike crash last sat when a car pulled out on me. I need to claim for a new helmet but I can't find the recipt at all.

It was bought over 16months ago. What can I do?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:02pm
Did you pay cash or use a card? If you used a card then the insurance should be ok to use the statement of proof.
Posted By: cookie Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:02pm
Maybe if you used a bank /credit card to pay for it,a bank statement might help ???
Posted By: Wheels Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:04pm
Cash ffs frown
Posted By: cookie Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:08pm
Do you not know anyone who has the same helmet, bought roughly the same time whose receipt you could use ??
Posted By: Wheels Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:14pm
raftl I should be so lucky
Posted By: Neil_c Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 5:14pm
I had the same prob with my bike. You can get a shop to value a new replacement for you in a letter on headed paper. Failing that you can always just take a picture of it and send it along with a catalogue print out of a similar helmet.

My mountain bike was 15 years old when it got ran over by a car. I had no receipt and they still paid out £200 for it, the bike wasn't worth a fiver.

I'd get in touch with a solicitor if you haven't already as insurance companies are useless at recovering costs.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Can't find a reciept - 8th May 2010 9:21pm
Where did you get it from and (roughly) how much did you pay for it ?

Most shops can tell you how much an item, or it's replacement, costs. I know on our tills we can look to see every time we have sold a certain item so it's easy enough to trace, but Neil_c is right a simple letter from any bike shop (or Halfords) giving a replacement cost will normally suffice, a helmet isn't worth them arguing the cost over.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral