Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 5:49pm
My son moved into his flat on 22.2. In his old flat he was p.a.y.g and left two quid in the meter. He bin hit for a 22.50 bill for old addreSs- dont understand why?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 6:46pm
If the person before left owing money then that debt would have been added to the metre at the start of your son's tenancy. It is possible that he has been paying off that debt at the £22 is the balance.
Leccy Co should be able to tell him though
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 6:54pm
Hm ok? The housing ass. did / do the initial paperwork on the 'kids' behalf. Ill speak to them on munday! Also av emailed scottishpower.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 7:02pm
That would be out of order! I know what you mean tho- the meter set so that you pay off a bit each time you 'top up'!
Scottishpower-had sh1t wiv them myself!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 7:12pm
He did run out of lekky completly (emergency- the lot) on a few occasions. Mainly becoz he's lazy+ on his own planet- i thought maybe it was something to do with that!?
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 8:00pm
Did he check HA read the metre properly?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 8:07pm
No, we didnt actually. I assumed that the h.a would sort it and the lad just signed wotever hìs key worker pointed at!
Im going there on monday. If he owes it then he'll have to pay but if he dusnt....
Posted By: little_pob Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 8:18pm
They cannot hold him liable for electricity used outside of his tenancy period.

Ask SP for the dates they claim the bill is for and take it down to the CAB if they fall outside the relevant time period.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 8:30pm
Good idea. I will! Thankyou!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 13th Mar 2010 8:31pm
Good idea. I will! Thankyou!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Lekky bill query - 16th Mar 2010 2:06am
There are worse power companies to deal with than ScottishPower, I think you will get it sorted. There are no penalties for running out of credit (other than having no eleccy).

It is difficult to see how this has come about, there is no seasonal weighting with single rate eleccy (unlike gas), unless it was economy 7/white rate or similar which may well be seasonally weighted for the same reason as gas (to level your bill over the year and avoid bankruptcy in winter).
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 17th Mar 2010 3:07pm
All sorted now laugh they admitted that they had an incorrect final meter reading!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lekky bill query - 17th Mar 2010 3:07pm
All sorted now laugh they admitted that they had an incorrect final meter reading! Thanks.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Lekky bill query - 17th Mar 2010 5:13pm
Great news!
Posted By: angelina Re: Lekky bill query - 18th Mar 2010 8:42pm
Great news rude, at least theres no bill.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Lekky bill query - 19th Mar 2010 4:18pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
All sorted now laugh they admitted that they had an incorrect final meter reading! Thanks.
good news that rude!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral