Forums
Posted By: jimbob Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 21st Nov 2009 5:41pm
BE EVER VIGILANT !!!!!

Can you circulate this around
Especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal
Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the
Following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a
Premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam
Originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will
Already have been billed £15 for the phone call.
If you do receive a card with these
Details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS
Posted By: Wheels Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 21st Nov 2009 7:15pm
Thanks for the heads up
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 21st Nov 2009 8:43pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
BE EVER VIGILANT !!!!!

Can you circulate this around
Especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal
Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the
Following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a
Premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam
Originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will
Already have been billed £15 for the phone call.
If you do receive a card with these
Details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICSTIS

£15 QUID for a call thats madness frown no
Originally Posted by Wheels
Thanks for the heads up

yerr bud as wheels says thanks dude! happy
Posted By: Volly Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 21st Nov 2009 11:30pm
yeah, i've heard about this before.

seems to happen every year.

it's a bit like the car park scam where they ................

actually, i'll post a new thread about that one, lol
Posted By: Nigel Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 5th Apr 2010 9:11pm
Ofcomm should not allow that amount to be charged for a phone call in the 1st place!??
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 5th Apr 2010 11:30pm
I got the UPS scam by e mail yesterday. It says a parcel cannot be delivered and wants you to open a link. The link contains some kind of virus, be careful I was nearly fooled into opening the attachment.
Posted By: dodie Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 9:12am
i got caught out with this 1 could not use computer virus very bad
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 9:20am
Someone has mislaid the . on the price. The max connection charge for a number starting 09 is £1.50.

Whilst the fraudsters dont have to tell the operator what the number is for, the operator governs the price.

Id also be surprised if you lost your money in this manner any more. The operator bills you and then pays their customer - if the number was found to be fraudulant, you would be refunded before the operator gave the money to their customer.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 10:17am
Just received the "Unclaimed Prize" scam through the post.
"Just call 09066 659838 and listen for allocation code etc. etc.etc." Unfortunately some poor sods must fall for these things as they keep sending them out, be aware folks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 10:28am
Originally Posted by Capt_America
I got the UPS scam by e mail yesterday. It says a parcel cannot be delivered and wants you to open a link. The link contains some kind of virus, be careful I was nearly fooled into opening the attachment.

I've been getting them for some weeks. I just delete them cos I know what I have ordered and what firm is delivering.

Its all about being aware and using some common sense.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 10:30am
Despite the fact that it is a rip off, if there is the possibility of something being won, then it is totally legal frown

...it the one that says there is a parcel for you when there isnt thats not legal.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 11:01am
The rule of thumb is that if you haven't ordered owt and it's an 09xx number you have to ring, give it a miss, it's a scam. Heard of too many folks getting ripped off by the scam to even think of risking it. If anyone else fancies it then that's up to them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 6th Apr 2010 1:23pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Despite the fact that it is a rip off, if there is the possibility of something being won, then it is totally legal frown

...it the one that says there is a parcel for you when there isnt thats not legal.

I don't mind getting ripped now because apparently I had a dead relative that I never knew who I had and has left me a vast sum of money. All I had to do is send a cheque to Nigeria for legal fees.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 7th Apr 2010 2:47am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

I don't mind getting ripped now because apparently I had a dead relative that I never knew who I had and has left me a vast sum of money. All I had to do is send a cheque to Nigeria for legal fees.

Me too !!!

Hey I wonder if it's the same person and we're related ??
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 24th Sep 2010 6:08pm
What they are is one of these rogue personal antivirus lin ks. When you click on the link they scan your comp and tell you it's infected with nine million trojan horses. They blaock all your programmes and say you must buy their programme to get rid of the 'trojans'.

Bit like a protection racket.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 24th Sep 2010 7:18pm
Anyone had the 'im from the real fbi'... sorry you had counterfit me's but im the real deal....am always tempted to write Fook Off in reply but scared of viral repercussions?
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 25th Sep 2010 7:37am
I know some one who has had that had another one from the National Serious Crime Squad saying she have been reported as a money launderer and have to attend an investigatory interview in Scotland Yard which may last 'more than one day' and she would remain in custody overnight and if she did not attend she will be arrested by the local police and taken to London. Alternatively if she provided bank details and password (which will be kept secure! )allowing the NSCS to screen her account it might just be possible to avoid this interview! My friend was so frightened by the prospect of it all that she was going to email the details. When I emailed back as her 'lawyer' asking for a contact phone number she heard no more.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 25th Sep 2010 5:43pm
It's about five years out of date, they were closed down in 2005.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 25th Sep 2010 5:43pm
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-scam.html
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 25th Sep 2010 6:09pm
Good old Nigerians.keeping us on our toes.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Parcel Scam Warning from Royal Mail - 25th Sep 2010 6:10pm
White and black..us not them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral